Pool Disk question

Lien1454

Hi,

I have a few questions if anyone can help please?

Q1: I currently have my appdata folder set to a Cache drive.

However I am wanting to move the appdata to another Cache drive that I have recently added which has a larger size.

I've tried to use mover to move them from one cache drive to the other by selecting the new cache and option prefer.

Mover takes action but does not move the files to the newly selected Cache drive.

I have 4 pool drives 3 or which are older SSDs I'm repurposing and 1 HDD.

I'm trying to move files from the 120gb Corsair drive at the top called Cache to Cache240gb drive.

Both Cache240gb & Cacheoczdump are on an add in sata card.

So I'm trying to work out if I'm misunderstanding how this should work considering it's not moving to or from the actual array.

Or if there is some issue with the add in sata card.

Q2: I was also wondering if I have the file system set correctly for the pool drives? Some are xfs and some are btrfs?

pools.jpg

Mover will not move files between pools.   If you want to use mover then it needs to be done in 2 stages - the first to move the files from the old pool to the array, and then a second one to move the files from the array to the new pool.

probably easier (and quicker) is to manually move the files between the pools.

• Thanks 1

So I've moved some stuff but then trying to move the system folder gave me this error?

I stopped both the vm and dockers before attempting to move the folder.

rsync: [receiver] write failed on "/mnt/cache240gb/system/docker/docker.img": Read-only file system (30)
rsync: [receiver] chown "/mnt/cache240gb/system/docker/.docker.img.YXMAeD" failed: Read-only file system (30)
rsync: [receiver] rename "/mnt/cache240gb/system/docker/.docker.img.YXMAeD" -> "docker/docker.img": Read-only file system (30)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at receiver.c(378) [receiver=3.2.3]

rsync: [sender] write error: Broken pipe (32)

Edited by Lien1454
37 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

I stopped both the vm and dockers before attempting to move the folder.

Did you actually disable the services rather than having no VMs or containers actively running?   The services hold files open which will stop them being moved..

If it is not that then you may have file system level corruption on the old pool.

• Thanks 1