HELP - DOCKER CONTAINERS LOCKING UP, CHANGING IP

TRusselo

every few days, sometimes 2 nights in a row something is messing up with my docker containers.

if i load up unraid / docker page, the column "version" where it normally says "upto date" or "update ready", it has an error message for all containers.  Binhex Deulge VPN will be stopped.  sonarr and radarr and jackett will all have changed IP addresses, when i startup Deluge manually, it picks a new IP too.

Seems like some reset themselves, deluge fails to reload?  they are all set to auto-start.

Deluge will say it was stopped X hours ago, seems to happen around 4 am.

pihole also shows it restarted just after 4am
image.png.2c73e9b922ecba91e548aaeaca08ef2b.png

happened again this morning.  diags attached.

i dont know where to start.

big-d-diagnostics-20220912-0928.zip

thats a great idea.
it would explain, dockers stopping/starting, it IS set to 4am, and Monday.
hmm...  you're on to something.  but sometimes happens other days....  i think.. hmm...  ive seen it twice in a week... i think... hmm..

any way to stop my dockers from changing IP addresses?

my unraid server has been running for 4 years with same dockers, and CA backup running since day 1.

the IP address changing issue/ deluge not starting back up is a recent development.
any ideas?

ill just disable backup for now.  UPDATE: happened again Saturday with CA backup disabled!

Edited by TRusselo
On 9/13/2022 at 7:26 AM, Squid said:

Docker containers can and will change their internal IP address (the 172.... address)  If you're referencing 172... then you do not want to do that.  You reference the HOST IP address and the applicable port #

yes 172...

Sonarr / Radarr stopped working with the HOST IP of deluge and jackett last year.  (from what i experienced and read on the forum)

i used to have sonarr/radarr setup referencing deluge and jacket with 192.168.1.## (host IP of the server) for 4 years.  it worked great until it didnt. it stopped working last year when sonarr/radarr changed to V3
following instructions on this forum, i had to change the IP address to the internal IP addresses to get sonarr/radarr talking to deluge and jackett again.

if you know of a better way, i would love to know.

Edited by TRusselo
On 9/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, jmztaylor said:

Unless you are doing stuff with putting services behind VPN bridge is the best way to go by default

would binhex delugeVPN count?
i believe whole setup was supposed to behind reverse proxy.
that sounds familiar looking at proxynet

as i said. this was setup years ago.  

AAANNNNDDD

my dockers reset /shut down again last night. with CA backup disabled.  it was set for mondays every week. today is saturday

big-d-diagnostics-20220917-0838.zip

Edited by TRusselo

so i tried moving Deluge and Jackett  over to the proxynet network, so all 4 dockers that need to interact are on the same custom network "proxynet"

went into sonarr/radarr and tried chaning the IP address to HOST ip. 192.168.1.12
does not work.

also. if i manually shutdown and restart a docker, the 172 address does not change.  
it only changes when the dockers shuts down at 4am ish on random days and the 3 dockers fail to restart,

deluge, jackett. flaresolver.  just those 3 fail to restat.  when they are manually started the ip changes.

every time i manually stop/start them, the IP stays the same.

Edited by TRusselo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...