Drive frozen

SolidFyre
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I am having problems with one of my drives and is looking for some moral support...

I got about 50 read errors and thought it was a good idea to run a Smart Self Test.

First Short Self Test went fine, no errors, then I did an extended test because this drive has been having temper tantrums before.

After about 5 min it got 1074 read errors and the drive was automatically Disabled.
Now it's frozen.

In the Self Test tab "latest smart test" is just spinning/loading. When I try to download the logs I get a blank file, so I cannot really provide you guys with logs.

History and Smart Error Log buttons show nothing either. The other tabs show no information.

Nothing happens when I try to Spin Down the drive.

Not sure what to do now, what would be my next step here? Should I consider the drive done?

I am currently looking online to find a new drive.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 231412.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-26 231437.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-26 231452.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-26 231528.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-26 231555.jpg

So I got a new drive, popped it in and rebuilt the array just fine.

I took the "broken drive" and hooked it up using USB and went through a complete Pre-clear of the drive without a single issue (drive: sdn).

Here's a new log collection, the 2459 CRC errors reported by SMART are the ones I got before the disk was rejected by the Array and I took it out.

What to make of this? Can I reintroduce the drive to the array again? 🤔

tytan-diagnostics-20220930-2013.zip

Edited by SolidFyre
5 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Disk looks mostly OK, should fine to use, use a different power connect and SATA cable in case that was the problem.

The sas/sata cables are completely new, so they should be fine. I have also ordered new sata power cables as well, will try and reintroduce the drive again whenever they arrive.

Thanks for the help guys :)

• Like 1