unraid-api not starting

Go to solution Solved by elibosley,

• Solution

Hi Everyone! We've narrowed this down to a field that used to be inside of the myservers.cfg file but is no longer present. For some reason our ini serializer cannot support this field so it crashes when it tries to write it. 

The easiest solution is to delete the file which is located at /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg. This will log you out but My Servers will work after it restarts. 

• Thanks 2

Hi,

I updated to 6.11.1 yesterday.  Today I noticed I have a my servers error. 

"My Servers Error 

unraid-api is stopped"

There is any option to "Restart unraid-api"  but that does not appear to fix the problem.

I tried to delete /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg as mentioned on this board through MC but it said I cannot do that, read only.

First time using MC so I may have missed something.

Is the issue related to 6.11.1?

And how do I delete the file mentioned, if appropriate.

Thanks ahead.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, dmwa said:

I tried to delete /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg as mentioned on this board through MC but it said I cannot do that, read only.

First time using MC so I may have missed something.

Is the issue related to 6.11.1?

And how do I delete the file mentioned, if appropriate.

The easiest way is to open a web terminal and type:

rm /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
unraid-api restart

Then reload the webgui and you will now be signed out of Unraid.net. Go ahead and sign back in and you'll be all set.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2022 at 5:27 AM, ljm42 said:

unraid-api restart

Then reload the webgui and you will now be signed out of Unraid.net. Go ahead and sign back in and you'll be all set.

I tried this but it says 

rm:  cannot remove '/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg':  Read-only system file

And I still haven't managed to restart the unraid-api.

Not sure if it is related but I keep getting a message in yellow at the top unassigned.devices.plg: And update available

But running it I get

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg

plugin: downloading: unassigned.devices-2022.10.12.tgz" ...

plugin: unassigned.devices-2022.10.12.tgz" download failure (Generic error)

Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Any ideas?

On 10/8/2022 at 5:27 AM, ljm42 said:

unraid-api restart

I tried this but it says 

rm:  cannot remove '/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg':  Read-only system file

And I still haven't managed to restart the unraid-api.

Not sure if it is related but I keep getting a message in yellow at the top unassigned.devices.plg: And update available

But running it I get

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg

plugin: downloading: unassigned.devices-2022.10.12.tgz" ...

plugin: unassigned.devices-2022.10.12.tgz" download failure (Generic error)

Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Fix Common Problems is also unable to update.  Both plugins have an hourglass and pending under status.

Any ideas?

5 hours ago, dmwa said:

I tried this but it says 

It seems that you have an issue with your flash drive if it is now read only.

You should back up the flashdrive, stop the server and plug the flashdrive to another computer to run an check disk on it.

While on the other computer, delete the file.

If our are able to repair the flash drive, then try it again on the server.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Agreed, the flash drive is unhappy. Hopefully running check disk in another computer will resolve other, otherwise it will need to be replaced.

OK, I will back up the flash drive and then try the checkdisk this weekend, then delete the file while there.  Hopefully that will fix the issue.  If not I will restore from backup.

Because I will have backed up from a faulty drive, will the back up likely carry the issues with it? 

Changed the USB from a backup.  No errors thus far.  Can now connect via unraid api.  Plug ins all working and things seem a little faster.  Perhaps previous USB was playing up far earlier and I didn't know it.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:27 PM, ljm42 said:

unraid-api restart

Perfect.

• 1 year later...