VirtioFS Support Page

2 hours ago, thunderclap said:

I'm trying to keep the directory inaccessible from random people thus the need for a user and password similar to smb. Is there a way to do this with virtiofs but as an executable script instead of a line in fstab? I could then have the script execute on boot. 

I dont think there is a option to use user/password with virtiofs. 

you can create a ..profile script in home dir to mount. But the mount point is available in the guest if someone can mount.

• Thanks 1

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Using the latest rust version 1.11 and the latest Virtio driver (248) in Windows 10 worked well. It was stable and all. Then I wanted to add another folder... did it, and at that point it just kept crashing. Removed it, still, crashing all the time. Perhaps it is also another change that I did... I increased the amount of RAM around that time, as it kept filling up. But I have also reduced the RAM of the VM...

What is happening is that during backup one of the drives disappears. I can't mount it again either, so unless I reboot Windows, it is gone The crash happens quite fast, after a few GB have been backed up.

What settings do you load virtiofsd with?

Ok, so I found the guide by mackid1993, but you're referring to a bash file by SimonF that I just am too blind to find...

Edited by kadajawi
1 hour ago, kadajawi said:

Can someone please point me in the right direction? Using the latest rust version 1.11 and the latest Virtio driver (248) in Windows 10 worked well. It was stable and all. Then I wanted to add another folder... did it, and at that point it just kept crashing. Removed it, still, crashing all the time. Perhaps it is also another change that I did... I increased the amount of RAM around that time, as it kept filling up. But I have also reduced the RAM of the VM...

What is happening is that during backup one of the drives disappears. I can't mount it again either, so unless I reboot Windows, it is gone The crash happens quite fast, after a few GB have been backed up.

What settings do you load virtiofsd with?

Ok, so I found the guide by mackid1993, but you're referring to a bash file by SimonF that I just am too blind to find...

Have you tried on Unraid 7.0-beta1? There are a lot of improvements @SimonF made.

If you are still having stability issues try my guide to enable hugepages, you just need enough RAM to always reserve and have to mind any docker containers (usually anything with a database engine) that will use them before the VM can.

3 hours ago, mackid1993 said:

Have you tried on Unraid 7.0-beta1? There are a lot of improvements @SimonF made.

If you are still having stability issues try my guide to enable hugepages, you just need enough RAM to always reserve and have to mind any docker containers (usually anything with a database engine) that will use them before the VM can.

Thanks. Your initial guide on page 11 helped, after I figured out what needs to be entered in the bash file. For now it is stable.

#!/bin/bash

eval exec /usr/bin/virtiofsd $(/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/scripts/virtiofsd.php "$@")

5 hours ago, kadajawi said:

Thanks. Your initial guide on page 11 helped, after I figured out what needs to be entered in the bash file. For now it is stable.

#!/bin/bash

eval exec /usr/bin/virtiofsd $(/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/scripts/virtiofsd.php "$@")

Yup that's it. If you are seeing CPU core spikes and gradual sluggishness with your Windows VM and other VMs you'll want to look into hugepages.