Help diagnosing why rootfs keeps filling up to 100% in the last few weeks

tmchow

Never before have I had this problem where my rootfs was filling up to 100%.  A few weeks ago, I was getting all sorts of error in Plex saying the disk was full, and when I tried to login to the unraid dashboard, it kept reloading and timing out. 

I then went to my phsyical machine and logged in, and at the terminal ran a "df -H /" and it showed rootfs was at 100% full.

I couldn't do anything and some research showed I should reboot which I did. That solved the problem.

However, since then, this has happened again a few days later so I'm trying to track down what's going on. I'm not aware of anything really changing my unraid setup other than container upgrades.  For example, I haven't suddenly changed where plex is doing it's transcodes but it's possible that it's filling up since 3-4 weeks ago I started upgrading movies to 4k counterparts from 1080p so the transcodes would be more aggressive.

However, I didn't know if that's it and don't know how to read my system diagnostics. I've attached them in hopes someone can help!

tower-diagnostics-20221013-1410.zip

Edited by tmchow
  • tmchow changed the title to Help diagnosing why rootfs keeps filling up to 100% in the last few weeks