Parity check not finishing

loady

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 9:27 AM, JorgeB said:

Rename all plg files to bak (/boot/config/plugins) then start renaming them back one by one to see if you can find the culprit.

The server has been in use so i have not been able to do what you said yet, however, whilst in safe mode gui mode (no plugins) it has still been crashing, it just takes a longer time to do it.  

syslog warptower-diagnostics-20230114-1305.zip

Did the crash occur between these timestamps?

Jan 13 16:42:12 Warptower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdc
Jan 14 12:45:32 Warptower kernel: Linux version 5.15.46-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Fri Jun 10 11:08:41 PDT 2022

dump starts here but that is several hours earlier

Jan 13 09:03:52 Warptower kernel: general protection fault, probably for non-canonical address 0x30000000000020: 0000 [#1] SMP NOPTI

Looks like you only completed one memtest pass in your earlier screenshot. 

Also, didn't see anybody mention this

• 2 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 1:55 PM, trurl said:

Did the crash occur between these timestamps?

Jan 13 16:42:12 Warptower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdc
Jan 14 12:45:32 Warptower kernel: Linux version 5.15.46-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Fri Jun 10 11:08:41 PDT 2022

dump starts here but that is several hours earlier

Jan 13 09:03:52 Warptower kernel: general protection fault, probably for non-canonical address 0x30000000000020: 0000 [#1] SMP NOPTI

Looks like you only completed one memtest pass in your earlier screenshot. 

Also, didn't see anybody mention this

Sorry for the delay in responding, i have been using the server heavily so i have been able to afford the downtime. No one mentioned the above, however i have been running on this hardware for over four years and this started happening less than a year ago, maybe 6 months ago, i was advised to update the BIOS which i did. The last three crashes i have grabbed a diags, the crashes are so very random, the last one i think took over a week, sometimes it will happen same day, i can only operate in safe mode, if it boots normally it will happen in lest than half an hour and is more consistantly crashing.

warptower-diagnostics-20230318-1326.zip warptower-diagnostics-20230321-1744.zip warptower-diagnostics-20230403-1235.zip

55 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Unraid driver is crashing, this usually is a hardware problem or a kernel compatibility issue, try updating to v6.11.5 or v6.12-rc2 and if the issue persists it's likely hardware related.

Thats going to be a headache if it is hardware related... where do you even start looking, i suppose i could remove the memory and just start with one stick and see if it persists, adding a stick at a time. Would be good if it was the mobo because i am looking at upgrading that to one with two .m2 slots

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, loady said:

So, it was up for over six days in safe mode and crashed again last night.. if this is hardware related where would the logical place be to start ?

Did you do the Ryzen specific settings linked above? Didn't see a reply about that, if you did and issues persist board/CPU would be the main suspects.