[6.11.5] Something keeps creating two shares named "1" and "2"

Volodesi

Hello, I am not too familiar with the ins and outs of Unraid and was wondering if someone could help me figure out what is causing these random shares to be made. It's been doing it for quite a while now.

I opened up the syslog and noticed something about samba, which might be the issue? Attached a screenshot of the syslog. Hopefully I didn't leave in something I shouldn't have.

Thank you for any help provided.

msedge_2022-12-22_22-41-33.jpg

5 hours ago, Squid said:

10:1 The shares are being created via a docker container.  Look on the docker tab for any apps with have a path mapping including /mnt/user/1...

Failing that, its a user script you're running somewhere

I checked all my mappings and none of my dockers are using /mt/user/1, etc.

I haven't really added any new dockers or apps or anything to my server. It all started during one of the recent Unraid OS updates I believe. It randomly happens. I can go a few days and never see them. I delete them each time I see it.

Where should I look next?

Thank you for the help.

Edit: I did some searching and downloaded one of your plugins that I assume shows what user scripts I have running. It doesn't show anything is running?

image.thumb.png.02d06950c3346b09f22eaad99bbc7b86.png

Edited by Volodesi
  • 1 month later...

Well. Managed to go almost a month without it creating the shares, then the past two days it's created the "2" share a few times.

I honestly have no clue how to stop it from doing this. As I stated in the post awhile back, I don't have any scripts or weird things on my server. This started happening after one of the Unraid updates.

image.thumb.png.b301fed60e5ec26d1f37cd7f8502b1fc.png

The user shares are simply the combined top level folders on array and pools. If you create a user share in the Unraid webUI, Unraid will create a top level folder named for the share on array or pool as needed in accordance with settings for the share.

Conversely, if you create a top level folder on array or pool, it is automatically a user share named for the folder. Any share you haven't made settings for has default settings.

Something somewhere must be specifying a path to a top level folder on array or pools named 2. Or possibly a path to /mnt/user/2 or /mnt/user0/2

How many dockers do you have?

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

The user shares are simply the combined top level folders on array and pools. If you create a user share in the Unraid webUI, Unraid will create a top level folder named for the share on array or pool as needed in accordance with settings for the share.

Conversely, if you create a top level folder on array or pool, it is automatically a user share named for the folder. Any share you haven't made settings for has default settings.

Something somewhere must be specifying a path to a top level folder on array or pools named 2. Or possibly a path to /mnt/user/2 or /mnt/user0/2

How many dockers do you have?

I have four dockers. Two of them are game servers, which are almost never ran. Haven't ran them for months.

Other two are an Emby server and YouTubeDL.

image.png.48c1538aa4330c086436a0ca4155fbfc.png

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, itimpi said:

@VolodesiHave you fixed the mapping of the plex transcode folder that was mentioned earlier?   If so then we probably need to look for another container with a similar mapping issue.

I have not. Didn't want to change it yet. That way we could try and get the "2" share to show up again. Will change it now though.