LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Unraid Dies, Can't Reach It, Causes Network Outage

This has happened several times now in the past few weeks and I can't figure out a commonality in all the shutdowns so I've come here for help. 

My server will become unresponsive randomly. When it does this it doesn't shut the PC down but I also can no longer reach it on my network. Somehow it kills my network and I can't get anything back online until I unplug the ethernet either on the tower or on the switch. I can plug it back in after that and everything is fine on my network but I still can't reach my tower and the only way to get it back is a hard reboot. I tried plugging an HDMI into a monitor when it's in this state but I haven't been able to get picture out of the tower past the splash screen ever since I set it up so I didn't think much of it.

I tried changing some configs on it, I installed the fix common problems plugin and implemented all the suggestions. It's a very recent build with all new components that I tested thoroughly before assembling. I am at a loss so I started getting the log copied to flash and when it crashed most recently I grabbed the logs and could use some help deciphering what useful info there may be. I don't see a way to attach files to this post so if someone can let me know how to do that or if I need to just copy it to a pastebin I'd appreciate it.

I'm not aware of any overclocked RAM. I made no changes to overclock it out of the box. It's just ddr5-5600 ram with a ryzen 7950x so it might seem like the 5600mhz is overclocked. Does it say somewhere in the diags it's overclocked?

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Btrfs is detecting data corruption on both pool devices

Where are you seeing that?

11 hours ago, MyNameWasTaken said:

I'm not aware of any overclocked RAM

I forgot that 7000 is DDR5, according to the diags RAM is running at 3600MT/s, so well withing spec, I don't recall if maximum officially supported speed is 5200 or 5600 for these.

11 hours ago, MyNameWasTaken said:

Where are you seeing that?

Jan 22 17:24:38 tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 47, gen 0
Jan 22 17:24:38 tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme1n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 29, gen 0

During mount you see any corruption previously detected for this filesystem.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Jan 22 17:24:38 tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme0n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 47, gen 0
Jan 22 17:24:38 tower kernel: BTRFS info (device nvme0n1p1): bdev /dev/nvme1n1p1 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 29, gen 0

During mount you see any corruption previously detected for this filesystem.

Okay thank you for pointing that out so I can maybe recognize it in the future. What do you suggest? Run memtest again to verify the ram and if that passes flip that BIOS setting or adjust c states like in your linked comment? I ran data scrubbing and didn’t find any errors on the cache. Are those drives maybe the issue and need to be replaced? I just got them so they’d definitely be under warranty.