Drive is simultaneously mounted and unmounted

I had some issues with my previous array so I've been in the process of redoing it.

I currently have the following drive setup:

4TB parity

4TB disk 1

2TB disk 2

1TB disk 3

The parity is currently building

My 4TB drive that has the majority of my data right now is showing a ton of errors, but I just checked and it now is showing as an unassigned device even though the array is running. My docker containers also refuse to start. Can anybody help?

https://imgur.com/a/9n2jcyZ

image.thumb.png.cac850c8e524f3a0d0c8318646cb6f69.png

You have completely filled log space with entries about the bad connection on disk1.

Check connections, all disks, both ends, SATA and power, including splitters.

Try again to build parity. You should see lots of reads of all array data disks, lots of writes to parity, zero errors on all disks.

So I started a parity check and it seemed to be going good. I could see it correcting errors. Then I had a brief power outage. What happens next has me totally stumped.

First, the parity drive didnt show up in the array and was showing up as an unassigned device.

Checked all connections and rebooted server.

Then the parity drive plus 2 disks were showing as unassigned and missing from array.

Shut down to try and check it again. Now the server won't even post to bios.

If I disconnect all the hard drives, it posts. When I reconnect the drives, it doesnt post. 

I tried replacing cables but it still isnt posting.

Ok I swapped the power supply out for something better and all the drives immediately were recognized by unraid (including an immediate boot into unraid with no problems).

I did a new config (because I had done one earlier and never got it working) and all the disks are working fine. The parity drive is showing disabled but I ran a parity check to see if it's just a rebuild issue. Unless theres something else im missing?

4 minutes ago, RedZephon said:

The parity drive is showing disabled but I ran a parity check to see if it's just a rebuild issue. Unless theres something else im missing?

Unless you have dual parity you can't check parity with it disabled, you can only do a pointless read check. And you have to rebuild parity to get it in sync and enabled again.

Post new diagnostics if you need more advice.

40 minutes ago, RedZephon said:

did a new config

Did you let it rebuild parity after the New Config?

40 minutes ago, RedZephon said:

parity drive is showing disabled

It got disabled because it couldn't write parity. I guess it doesn't matter whether you let it rebuild, since you need to rebuild it now.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:07 PM, trurl said:

Check connections, all disks, both ends, SATA and power, including splitters.

Try again to build parity. You should see lots of reads of all array data disks, lots of writes to parity, zero errors on all disks.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

Ok so I've tried a few things and the drive is just stuck in a "format" state in unassigned devices. Formatting it fails. I can reboot the server and get it to show back in as an assignable device but when I try to assign it, it goes back to an unassigned device. Im now starting to think that this drive is dead? image.thumb.png.f0f97259f3e14ec2c52331f23c9ea9ab.png