SickBeard unMenu package

I've used your script to install, and update through the app with no problem. has stayed updated after a reboot too. I have it installed on the cache drive, not sure if that makes a difference.

That is actually very good to know!!

I install everything to a cache drive also, but like I mentioned, I never bothered trying to update as it was not that important to me as long as the application was working.

if you use newzbin, i'd look into updating as they changed stuff which starting causing errors (which is what this last update is supposed to fix).
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update via webinterface does not stick, also after server reboot i am having to add all my shows again  :-\ im not sure where its installed as i just used your unmenu package and downloaded the last .conf and overwrote the previous one, for some reason now i cant overwrite it again with the latest one you posted, there is a .sickbeard folder on cache drive and many references to SB on the flash

update via webinterface does not stick, also after server reboot i am having to add all my shows again  :-\ im not sure where its installed as i just used your unmenu package and downloaded the last .conf and overwrote the previous one, for some reason now i cant overwrite it again with the latest one you posted, there is a .sickbeard folder on cache drive and many references to SB on the flash

I honestly do not know why yours is read only.  I don't/can't set it to read only on your flash drive.  You will need to also delete the .auto_install file associated with the previous version of SickBeard you had installed.  That command is in the first post.

Shut the server down, pull the flash drive and run a checkdisk on it, that all I can suggest at this point.

i think its more to do with permissions, i dont have full control or rights to modify, so i suppose effectively it is read only, i ran that code on the first post, it dissapears when i pressed return and didnt complain so i assume it done what it was supposed to..but still i cant delete that damn file...

F:\>chkdsk

The type of the file system is FAT32.

The volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk

might report errors when no corruption is present.

Volume UNRAID created 16/01/2012 20:24

Volume Serial Number is B8E4-E566

Windows is verifying files and folders...

File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

15,646,688 KB total disk space.

16 KB in 1 hidden files.

1,784 KB in 194 folders.

452,448 KB in 5,328 files.

15,192,432 KB are available.

8,192 bytes in each allocation unit.

1,955,836 total allocation units on disk.

1,899,054 allocation units available on disk.

Run chkdsk, seems fine, strange thing is i can delete files from it within windows

F:\>chkdsk

The type of the file system is FAT32.

The volume is in use by another process. Chkdsk

might report errors when no corruption is present.

Volume UNRAID created 16/01/2012 20:24

Volume Serial Number is B8E4-E566

Windows is verifying files and folders...

File and folder verification is complete.

Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

15,646,688 KB total disk space.

16 KB in 1 hidden files.

1,784 KB in 194 folders.

452,448 KB in 5,328 files.

15,192,432 KB are available.

8,192 bytes in each allocation unit.

1,955,836 total allocation units on disk.

1,899,054 allocation units available on disk.

Run chkdsk, seems fine, strange thing is i can delete files from it within windows

OK, then it is most likely how the permissions are set up for the flash share.  You might be connecting to it as Guest which might not have write permissions.

weird...i can do what i want with it now, i didnt actively change anything, i just plugged into windows and plugged back into UNraid and i can write to it now, i still cant get the SB and SAB to stick after a server restart so i have taken the thermo nuclear option and deleted everything

having deleted everything and going from scratch... i have this error showing on the pkg manager page..

md5 Checksum: 745530684e0b217fcbb288a4457057e3 (NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

It also gives a link for the package, so i clicked the link and the file it is downloading is midgetspy-Sick-Beard-8d7484d.tar.gz, so i opened the .conf file in your post with notepad++ and edited the line...

PACKAGE_FILE midgetspy-Sick-Beard-b746984.tar.gz and changed it to..

PACKAGE_FILE midgetspy-Sick-Beard-8d7484d.tar.gz...

im assuming the file that i was linked to was a later version and that in editing the .conf file it will install that version that i downloaded and dumped directly to the packages folder ??

having deleted everything and going from scratch... i have this error showing on the pkg manager page..

md5 Checksum: 745530684e0b217fcbb288a4457057e3 (NOT matched - download may be corrupted or download URL no longer valid.)

It also gives a link for the package, so i clicked the link and the file it is downloading is midgetspy-Sick-Beard-8d7484d.tar.gz, so i opened the .conf file in your post with notepad++ and edited the line...

PACKAGE_FILE midgetspy-Sick-Beard-b746984.tar.gz and changed it to..

PACKAGE_FILE midgetspy-Sick-Beard-8d7484d.tar.gz...

im assuming the file that i was linked to was a later version and that in editing the .conf file it will install that version that i downloaded and dumped directly to the packages folder ??

Yes, SickBeard (and CouchPotato) are updated so regularly that keeping up with them is a complete pain in the arse.  I might have a fix for it but i don't have the time right now to look into it.I t have the time right now to look into it.

You need to change the PACKAGE_FILE line and the PACKAGE_MD5 line.

Yes i know your pain with SB updates, i dont think that guy sleeps a lot !! but hey, kudos to him. Is it a problem if i dont change the md5 checksum path ?... it seems to have installed correctly but i did notice that as soon as i started it  it was complaining about being comits behind (outtadate)..should i have created a fresh checksum first with md5summer ?? i checked the packages folder and the latest downloaded file was in there and i deleted the previous one.

Hi.  Don't know why suddenly, my SB doesn't run on reboot.  I have to type '/etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sickbeard start' before SB will run.  Any way to do this automatically?  How do I fix this?  Thanks

you can use the start button on the unMenu User Scripts page.

As to the core issue... I can't guess at an answer until I get the information I asked for in the first post and a copy of your syslog

EDIT: Of note is that I do need to modify this unMenu package to behave a little better, like the SABnzbd package does when the array is not running.  I will look into that later and get a new version uploaded when possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, got it working only error i saw was,

but works either way, anything i should be concerned about? ??? ???

The file probably changed at the download link.  It may have installed but if it does not match now then a reboot will most likely not reinstall the application properly.

You will need to edit a couple lines to fix it properly.  The PACKAGE_FILE and PACKAGE_MD5 lines.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI, I had trouble for the first time updating through SB itself with their last update.  It updated fine seemingly but it stopped snatching shows even when searching manually.  I've since reinstalled the previous and it's running perfectly again.  I think I'll just wait for your next conf package.  I haven't even looked at the changelog to see if it's even worth it

• 2 weeks later...

Does this sickbeard package still work? I noticed the first post said if the host updates the package it could bug out. Anyone tried this recently? and does it work with the unmenu sabnzbd package?

Yes to all 3.  Besides my recent update issue(done through SB itself), SAB/SB/CP have been working flawlessly for me.  All 3 are the latest versions also.  Been using them now for at least a couple of months now.

I've since tried the update again through SB and it worked. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with it not updating new episodes of TV shows.  For example it would say TV Show Name 15/15 but I know there are about 3 more shows that have been aired in the last 3 weeks so it should say something like 15/18.  I check the log and it says something like "unable to connect to the TVDB".  I can post a log file when I get home but until then any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

I have a problem with it not updating new episodes of TV shows.  For example it would say TV Show Name 15/15 but I know there are about 3 more shows that have been aired in the last 3 weeks so it should say something like 15/18.  I check the log and it says something like "unable to connect to the TVDB".  I can post a log file when I get home but until then any idea what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

TVDB may have changed something on there end and SickBeard will need to be updated.  This happens to me every once in a while and I just usually update through sickbeard.

here is part of the log file.  Don't make fun, show is for the wife.  It's New Girl

TVDB link

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=248682&seasonid=465899&lid=7

pr-19 22:55:49 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Searching all providers for any needed episodes
Apr-19 22:55:49 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Beginning search for new episodes on RSS
Apr-19 22:55:49 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Changing all old missing episodes to status WANTED
Apr-19 22:09:16 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 22:09:16 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 248682: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 22:09:16 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of New Girl
Apr-19 22:00:33 INFO     CP Server Thread-3 :: No update needed
Apr-19 22:00:32 INFO     CP Server Thread-3 :: Checking if source needs an update
Apr-19 21:57:29 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:29 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 76290: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:29 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of 24
Apr-19 21:57:26 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:26 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 75760: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:26 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of How I Met Your Mother
Apr-19 21:57:23 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:23 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 79169: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:23 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of Seinfeld
Apr-19 21:57:20 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:20 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 82091: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:20 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of Hung
Apr-19 21:57:17 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:17 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 114701: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:17 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of The League
Apr-19 21:57:14 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:14 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 72201: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:14 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of Nip/Tuck
Apr-19 21:57:11 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:11 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 73244: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:11 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of The Office (US)
Apr-19 21:57:08 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:08 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 75863: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:08 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of Beavis and Butt-Head
Apr-19 21:57:05 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:05 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 75805: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:05 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Apr-19 21:57:02 WARNING  SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Unable to contact TVDB, aborting: Couldn't remove /mnt/cache/_sickbeard/cache/tvdb/.AppleDouble
Apr-19 21:57:02 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: 248682: Loading show info from theTVDB
Apr-19 21:57:02 INFO     SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: Beginning update of New Girl
Apr-19 21:56:15 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds
Apr-19 21:56:14 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Clearing Womble's Index cache and updating with new information
Apr-19 21:56:13 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Clearing NZBMatrix cache and updating with new information
Apr-19 21:55:47 ERROR    SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Resulting XML from Newzbin isn't RSS, not parsing it
Apr-19 21:55:47 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Clearing Newzbin cache and updating with new information
Apr-19 21:55:46 INFO     CHECKVERSION :: No update needed