Parity & Disk Errors

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Fs on disk2 isn't fixed, make sure you run zfs_repair without -n or noting will be done, do the same for disk4.

Im I doing this right? Array in main mode. Open the command prompt run: zfs_repair -v /dev/sdj  ??

If so there are pages of dots. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 8:55 AM, JorgeB said:

Nope, see the link, use the GUI.

Cheers, sorry for the late reply again. Once again I was back in the hospital so I just back on my feet again. 

I remember someone mentioning there was some errors on the Cache drives, is it worth changing them now (swapping 2 x 512 GB SSD's to 1TB M.2) as I have a new one or should I do the zfs_repair first?

Edited by jazzy192
1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Recommend fixing the filesystem issues first.

Right o, going to pop down and turn the fella on. Been off for ages now.

I guess worse case is that I may need to replace one the Array drives?

Oh, one question I keep forgetting to ask is if I have my Nvidia 3080 plugged in but only used when using windows VM does it still consume power while the VM is powered down? I mean it must use a little as the fans etc spin but it’s under no load. Just feels a tad wasteful on elect if I don’t intend on using it for a while. 

4 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Recommend fixing the filesystem issues first.

tower-diagnostics-20230626-2315.zip

Done, disk 4 came up with loads of errors (loads of stuff about lost+found folder) and when I tried starting In non-mains mode after its saying:

Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system 

Just looked in shares and the lost+found stuff is on disc 2?

Edited by jazzy192
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, not been well AGAIN! Grrr, better now though.

Regarding the other problem which started after the above happened and @JorgeB and others have been very helpful but like above I never moved disks around. Just to jog your memory take a look at page 1 of this thread or just look at the quotes and photos asking why the disks had changed. I never changed the disk assignments at all so disk4 had no mountable filesystem. I never touched the assignments of the disks at all, I never changed them so I dont know how disk4 became changed but im the only one with access to Unraid here and it wasn't by mistake or anything.

Anyway, I decided that I would redownload all the disk4 data again as I know it's not recoverable. So to make disk4 work again it needs to be formatted, right? 

Also 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:53 AM, JorgeB said:

Post the output of xfs_repair on disk4

It not giving me the option to post or rerun xfs_repair on disk4. Disk2 lets me rerun it again if I want but not Disk4. I gather I still need to do xfs_repair on disk4? Disk2 is done now as I must have done it before disk4 as suggested by @trurl

There is a strange problem also. I cannot log in with any account from the webgui anymore? Root and the few other users are not recognised anymore? My usernames and Passwords are 100% correct as I can log in with them but only via the new Unraid Connect feature and all the usernames are now working along with their passwords but still will not let me login locally. What has caused this anyone?

So apart from Disk4 needs repairing still I think and the login problem what's next please?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 3:03 AM, trurl said:

By design, root is the only user with access to the webUI or command line. If you can't login with root to webUI, reset root password.

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/troubleshooting#lost-root-password

Then post new diagnostics

Sorry, been on holiday this time.

Diagnostics attached.

I did all the above and now just need to sort the disc out as it says so I guess I have to do this: https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/troubleshooting#unmountable-disks

Cheers

tower-diagnostics-20230720-0508.zip

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

What I've asked to do cannot show that, post new diags and a screenshot from main.

I have just attached the screenshot and there is no point in sending diags again as all I have done is clicked from the diags page back to Main and taken this. I have not done anything else with it.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 17.50.54.png

Unrelated, but why do you have 200G docker.img? 20G is often more than enough. Have you had problems filling it? Making it large won't fix filling it, it will only make it take longer to fill. The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped to host storage.

Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings until your disk problems are solved.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Emulated disk4 is not mountable. Check filesystem on emulated disk4.

Just stopped the array and now all the discs (apart from parity) show: 'Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system'

If a scroll down to the start/stop array it says the following for all the discs?: 'Format will create a file system in all Unmountable disks.' 

tower-diagnostics-20230727-0412.zip

10 hours ago, jazzy192 said:

Just stopped the array and now all the discs (apart from parity) show: 'Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system'

If a scroll down to the start/stop array it says the following for all the discs?: 'Format will create a file system in all Unmountable disks.' 

Did the array actually stop? Post a screenshot.

With the array stopped as you said you did, Unraid doesn't try to mount anything, so it will not say anything about unmountable or format with the array stopped.