Running a parity check and the parity drive has some errors. Should I be worried?

23 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Any errors found in the parity check?  (There was no change in the error log in SMART report for the parity drive during the 21 hours it took to complete the check...)

No errors were found during the parity check, but the errors I'm talking about were counted on the array DURING the parity check. I hope I'm making sense. 

OK. The SMART test is 70%. 

I only have the information on the unraid UI to find the serial number. Every serial number I try to find for warranty says it's invalid or no results. It's a Western digital drive. I heard the command "hdparm -I /dev/sdc" would help but it did not. Is there a command I can run from the terminal to somehow extract it? 

The store that I bought the drives from no longer exists. 

Edited by urbanracer34
2 hours ago, urbanracer34 said:

I only have the information on the unraid UI to find the serial number. Every serial number I try to find for warranty says it's invalid or no results. It's a Western digital drive.

A lot of Hard Drives are sold on the 'Gray Market' which means that the US representative of the manufacturer will not honor the manufacturer's warranty.  (The price for these drives is often substantially lower because there will be no warranty costs.)

5 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

A lot of Hard Drives are sold on the 'Gray Market' which means that the US representative of the manufacturer will not honor the manufacturer's warranty.  (The price for these drives is often substantially lower because there will be no warranty costs.)

I got these from a reputable shop as far as I know. They were local to my area of town. 

19 minutes ago, urbanracer34 said:

I got these from a reputable shop as far as I know. They were local to my area of town. 

Two things. (1)  If the shop built computers, they may have purchased them as OEM drives and with OEM drives, the customer's warranty is only through the OEM.  (2) The store could have have purchased OEM drives and intended to handle warranty issues on their own (and/or with their own Dime). 

On 4/3/2023 at 8:39 PM, Frank1940 said:

Two things. (1)  If the shop built computers, they may have purchased them as OEM drives and with OEM drives, the customer's warranty is only through the OEM.  (2) The store could have have purchased OEM drives and intended to handle warranty issues on their own (and/or with their own Dime). 

I may have figured this part out: The tool for warranty check is under maintenance right now. https://support-en.wd.com/app/systemmaintenance Maybe that is why my drives kept coming back with no records? 

• 3 weeks later...