Why is Disk14 visible mounted in /media/disks

Go to solution Solved by apandey,

/media is mapped to /mnt, so all of your disks should show up there.  Along with "user" which is all the the shares combined from all disks

Are you saying that nothing else is showing up in /media except for disk14?

You could always try editing that path mapping and changing the access mode to be Read/Write:SLAVE and see if that makes a difference (in theory it shouldn't matter though)

2 hours ago, Squid said:

/media is mapped to /mnt, so all of your disks should show up there.  Along with "user" which is all the the shares combined from all disks

Are you saying that nothing else is showing up in /media except for disk14?

You could always try editing that path mapping and changing the access mode to be Read/Write:SLAVE and see if that makes a difference (in theory it shouldn't matter though)

Nope that's not what I'm saying. Yes it's mapped to mnt, and yes I expect to see all my disks here. I do.

What I'm saying is /mnt/disks which is where mounted drives outside of the array show up has a drive that shouldn't be there.

Disk14 should not be visible in /mnt/disks because it's not a drive mounted outside of my array. Disk14 shows up where it's supposed to but ALSO shows up where it's not supposed to.

• Solution

is your array healthy? I see couple of issues from your diagnostics

disk16 seems to have a corrupted filesystem. Do you see all your array disks mounted? Not directly related to disk14, but I do see it discovered as a new drive and mounted into unassigned devices. Can you post a screenshot of your UI Main tab?

you also seem to be getting PCIe BadTLP errors. perhaps you should add pci=nommconf boot parameter

After repairing the file system on Disk16 as suggested in the thread below the issue with Disk14 showing up shared in Disks is now gone.
It would appear that the issue with Disk14 was directly related to the corrupted file system on Disk16.

I do have a question about this.

10 hours ago, apandey said:

you also seem to be getting PCIe BadTLP errors. perhaps you should add pci=nommconf boot parameter

I recently had an Nvidia GPU that I had passed through to Plex and I was using it for hardware transcoding. I have since removed the card.
I deleted the entries to the card in the docker setting for my Plex container.

Could these issues be linked to something else I forgot to remove? I know I've still got the monitoring on my dashboard though I don't recall how to remove that.
I'm sure I missed something else I was supposed to remove since I've taken the GPU out.

I also removed an Intel Quad NIC I had installed perhaps that's related?