SMB share files visibility

Whenever I download something to my downloads share on Unraid, the files don't seem to show in the Windows SMB until the mover is run. The files are visible in the Unraid file explorer.

Caching is set to Yes on the share.

I'm sure the files used to be visible all the time and this has only happened since upgrading to version 6.12 of Unraid.

Can anybody confirm that this is by design or am I losing my mind. Any suggestions to something that I may have missed? Mover schedule is set to an hour but most times I need the files immediately and don't want to have to manually invoke the mover.

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Daryl Williams said:

Through a rootshare,

OK, IF I am understanding what rootshare means what is the exact path that you are using to get to your SMB shares.  The reason for the question is that there are two ways to get the underlaying User Shares if you are using the <rootshare>  setup.  The first passes through the Linux path /mnt/user0  and if you use this one, you will never see any files in any share on the cache drive.  The Other Linux path  /mnt/user  includes the cache drive and you will see all the files in any share that are on the cache drive.  Obviously you want the path that goes through /user/ directory.

Edit: IF this does not solve your problem or you are still confused, Post the Diagnostics file in a new post. 

Edited by Frank1940

Thanks for the info. 

The rootshare is setup to /mnt/user0. This was automatically done using the built in rootshare creator.

I seem remember that I used SpaceInvaders instructions on how to manually create a rootshare, which I did to /mnt/user.

Is there a way of amending the path of the rootshare via the automatic process to point to /mnt/user or to create a new rootshare to this location?