Docker containers failing frequently. System taking up entire cache.

So I keep having issues and I noticed that system share is taking up close to all of my 120gb cache drive. Triggering the mover does nothing. If I change my appdata out of the cache to the data drives, I get a lot of errors, too, so I can’t afford to have all the space used by system, nor do I understand why system uses up so much. I have been told in the past that I should keep system on cache, but this is now becoming unbearable.

Any suggestions?

IMG_0403.png

7 hours ago, NMGMarques said:

I noticed that system share is taking up close to all of my 120gb cache drive.

What's in your system share?

Mine is literally only my docker.img and libvirt.img, and the sizes of those are controlled via VM and docker configs, so I don't know what would even being eating space there.

*edit* it might be helpful to understand how much of that space is taken up by your each of your docker containers.  You can go the "Docker" tab and click on "container size" to get a listing

Edited by veri745
bit about container sizes
4 hours ago, veri745 said:

What's in your system share?

Mine is literally only my docker.img and libvirt.img, and the sizes of those are controlled via VM and docker configs, so I don't know what would even being eating space there.

*edit* it might be helpful to understand how much of that space is taken up by your each of your docker containers.  You can go the "Docker" tab and click on "container size" to get a listing

Same here. However, yes, the docker file seems to be taking up the 107 gigs. Curious for me is that when I went to the Docker tab to figure out the culprit, I only see 19 gigs being used.

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

The system is correct.  Your image is taking up 100G.

/dev/loop2      100G   19G   81G  19% /var/lib/docker

And it's because you've set it to be 100G

DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="100"

Using an image file means that the space is pre-allocated to be the size that you've set.

The use inside the containers (ie the container size button) has nothing to do with the size of the image or what it takes up on the drive.

To lower the size to a more reasonable value, you need to stop the docker service in settings, then delete the image and set the image size more accordingly (maybe 40G) and then re-enable and reinstall the apps from Apps, Previous Apps

If you are expecting the space on disk to go up and down according to what you've got installed, you want to use an docker folder instead of an image, and you switch that after you've stopped and deleted the image in the same Docker Settings.

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

The system is correct.  Your image is taking up 100G.

/dev/loop2      100G   19G   81G  19% /var/lib/docker

And it's because you've set it to be 100G

DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="100"

Using an image file means that the space is pre-allocated to be the size that you've set.

The use inside the containers (ie the container size button) has nothing to do with the size of the image or what it takes up on the drive.

To lower the size to a more reasonable value, you need to stop the docker service in settings, then delete the image and set the image size more accordingly (maybe 40G) and then re-enable and reinstall the apps from Apps, Previous Apps

If you are expecting the space on disk to go up and down according to what you've got installed, you want to use an docker folder instead of an image, and you switch that after you've stopped and deleted the image in the same Docker Settings.

Does that mean I’ll have to reconfigure everything? Or will my settings all be retained?