Syncthing docker config help

Pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.  Trying to keep two Unraid servers in sync.  Syncthing seems like it would do the trick but having trouble configuring.  I have it set up on both Unraid servers using mostly the default setting.  However, I'm having trouble added the existing folders I would like to sync.  In the syncthing gui it only lets me add folders that show up under appdata->Syncthing. (see test and test2).  I would like to sync disk2.

image.png.8b16388b1da8a4bd8226461d9aac1af5.png

Setting up any folder under /config seems to work but something like /mnt/disk2 doesn't.

image.png.9c26cd175aa9eb27777f61561d68bfde.png

image.png.8ba5830211ef397b158df6f23c54953d.png

image.png.7900644eeb0b859bb43208152d0900d6.png

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the docker setup.  The Appdata setting is at the default but it asked me to set the Path:/data1 during install.  I'm not sure what that should be or if it's related to what I'm trying to do.

image.png.48147a9e33a78b8d9ef4a8d1f0a5f32d.png

I think this would work really well if I could just get a few of these settings figured out.  I'm googled and searched youtube and other forums with no luck.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

22 hours ago, dschock said:

I'm googled and searched youtube and other forums with no luck.

The concept you are looking for is docker container path mapping. What you put in the host side (Unraid's view) will appear in the container side at the mapped location. You show the container path as /data1, so that's where the contents of /mnt/disk2 will appear from the container's view.

General support is not normally the correct place to ask container specific questions, you should be able to find the correct spot to ask questions if you click on the container in the Unraid dashboard and select support.

Thanks @JonathanM

It's a little hard to find documentation/examples especially using the GUI.  I was able to figure it out through a bit of trial and error. Using this setting on both servers, I was able to sync folders as set up below.  A similar method could be used for any share (/mnt/user) versus individual disks (/mnt/disk3).

image.png.12f388615e08ab6dca7755bec7bcaba2.png

image.png.131325dd483aa27695bb49c4aeb2dcc6.png

image.png.0c06e121a10d13a68374748723524214.png

image.png.a4483e7b1f0e2e5ed16829b9e671a1a1.png

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 12:44 AM, engin33rh3r3 said:

Does anyone have any good tutorials for this? I can't get my receiving server to place the files in the correct place. For some reason it is putting in the appdata/syncthing folder. 

I can create one soon. Leave everything at the default values when setting up the docker container. Use binhex's version. When you add a folder to share start the path with /media/"share/etc"   (the quoted part is the path to whatever folder. 

You can find the path by going into the shares tab and browsing to where you want to go. Right click the folder name at the top of this page and it will show you the path starting with /mnt. Use /media instead like the above example and it should work okay.  

I will still try to create a short tutorial video this week sometime and share the link here. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 10:45 AM, SeaPanda117 said:

I can create one soon. Leave everything at the default values when setting up the docker container. Use binhex's version. When you add a folder to share start the path with /media/"share/etc"   (the quoted part is the path to whatever folder. 

You can find the path by going into the shares tab and browsing to where you want to go. Right click the folder name at the top of this page and it will show you the path starting with /mnt. Use /media instead like the above example and it should work okay.  

I will still try to create a short tutorial video this week sometime and share the link here. 

Any luck with the tutorial video?