Moving away from server grade to consumer grade!

Hi All, just placed an order for an i5 13500 and MSI B760 motherboard to install into a spare supermicro chassis I have.

My current server is absolutely fine other than the power consumption so going to move away from the dual xeon I currently have which run constantly at around 150w

New build is going to cost just over £500 and the plan is to install into the supermicro chassis get unraid tested using a trial licence and move pro licence and drives over once everything is running smoothly. Ordered a front panel cable extension from ebay

1378270838_WhatsAppImage2023-06-07at12_13_49.thumb.jpg.4d2d01f8517ee78fbadb793d9ff4a55f.jpg

Once moved over I am hoping for to cut the power use by half with a bit of luck but will see how it looks.

The only other thing I am considering is 10GB nic to connect directly to my 10GB port on the Unifi Dream Machine SE. If anyone has any suggestions on what NIC to buy and use with DAC cable that would be great.

This build will mean moving away from ECC I have tried to stick to £500 budget. Might go over if the stock cooler doesnt fit

Made some progress today, got motherboard and memory installed, didnt require the ATX extension cable and connected to front panel connections that could be connected.

Just waiting for CPU to be delivered and a 4pin 3 way fan splitter 

Does anyone know if I can still connect the PE Pin to Power Supply I2C (JPI2C1)

The Power Supply I2C Connector, located at

JPI2C1, monitors the status of the power sup-

ply, fan and system temperature.

Assuming this is supermicro specific and not available on MSI motherboard.

Before and After pic attached, also pic of fans I would like to replace with something better if anyone has any suggestions?

IMG-20230608-WA0008.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-08 at 15.41.05.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-08 at 15.41.16.jpg

Edited by bally12345