Make auto-closing notifications optional

The feature of mandatory auto-closing of notifications was added in 6.12.0.

I would like for this to be an optional change as in adding a toggle for this behavior, possibly in Settings -> notification settings. (maybe a 3s|5s|10s|off dropdown or something.)

Seems like an unnecessary change and i would like to get the old behavior back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I find this almost unusable. The old system worked great. 

I just ignore the bell icon. If I have notifications of different types I have to click multiple times to open all of them just to see what they say and to ack them.  Using the system from my mobile devices (Chrome) is very hard so it's easier to just ignore the icon and risk missing something. But there is more just not working using my phone like the log windows. It opens but just a black empty window. Unraid gui just freezes in the background so I have to close and reopen the tab.. but this is just another problem. 😊

This new notification system is not good UX.

Edited by Niklas
  • Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got around to updating today and immedietely went looking for a solution. Notifications are completely out of site now and I really don't like it. I have temperature alerts set up that usually notify me when drives get too warm and now they sit docked in that little bell icon to be completely missed for hours. My solution is push notifications on my phone but I really miss that telltale red warning on my desktop to anticipate adjusting the A/C. 

More flexibility is never a bad thing. An addendum would be to split the "sticky" or "auto-close" based on severity level. I don't want critical notifications like a disk overtemp or smart error fading, but I kind of don't care if an update happened 99% of the time.