User shares gone, Disk 1 Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system, data loss?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

**first time posting here. newbie-level knowledge.**

Unraid version: 6.12.0
Hardware: MB: ECS H87H3-M , Version 1.0, 8 GiB DDR3
--
Was dumping some files to server then transfer stopped. Network drive icons in windows file manager suddenly showed (x) mark. Checked Unraid web interface and found that user shares are gone (except for 1).

image.thumb.png.e45af0c2c23d1c373931fddf3492cd5f.png

Array also shows Disk 1 unmountable.
--
Actions taken:
1. Rebooted
2. Updated from 6.11.5 to 6.12.

Recognized that actions taken may be inappropriate for ease of problem resolution. Agaim, forgive my zero-level knowledge. 

image.thumb.png.4f3936578326e754200d7a6861a77251.png

Worrying about potential data loss as utilization/used indicator is not reflective of actual size prior to event. 

pomaloynas-diagnostics-20230619-2153.zip

Thanks. Ran a -L repair and seems like the user shares have come back. I can also access most files though I am not sure yet if there were any data loss.

Still, the disk 1 shows an x in the array. and when hovered on shows (device is disabled, contents emulated).

image.thumb.png.b74c4767cc19089a304d9741df6789bf.png

3 minutes ago, pethuel03 said:

Still, the disk 1 shows an x in the array. and when hovered on shows (device is disabled, contents emulated).

That is expected - the repair process updated the emulated disk, not the physical one.   It takes a rebuild to clear a disabled state.

does the rmulateddisk now have a lost+found folder on it?   That is where the repair process puts any files/folders for which the name cannot be found.