[Plugin] FolderView

This is great, thank you for the effort in making this available and providing support!

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the order of folders. I get how to re-arrange containers within a folder, but the previous plugin also allowed you to change the folder order which would control start-up order. This is useful for things like making sure database containers start before apps, etc.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, baccula said:

change the folder order which would control start-up order

This is complicated, if you change the order in the docker tab the autostart order is the same as you see, if you create a folder, don't reorder and set to autostart the folder you might end up in trouble, so if you autostart a folder make sure to move at least one container/folder in the docker tab.
Same for VMs.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Alyred said:

Minor feature request: Any possibility of putting in a hex color (and maybe disable) option for the border of the folder preview/divider in the docker tab? It's nice having the border but the white is a bit bright.

Yea, a +1 from me.

Would be nice to have a option to disable the boarder, or like you said, set a custom hex colour. Personally quite like without as looks cleaner.

Example from the old version:1181202780_Screenshot2023-07-31at21_15_14.thumb.png.8ddb6c34dce5efbcb43e83a297405f87.png

Example from the new version:1420675126_Screenshot2023-07-31at21_14_14.thumb.png.e97f857bcd026d9ac6fc0414425ae8ee.png

Edited by 1471

A new version is out: 2023.08.01

• Fixed folder load on the docker tab
  • added ability to enable/disable border on the docker/vm tab
  • added the ability to change the color of the border on the docker/vm tab
  • ability to start, stop, pause, resume, restart, Hibernate and force stop all VMs in a folder
  • rework ability to start, stop, pause, resume, restart, update and force update all containers in a folder

The new border setting make it so it will be hidden by default, even if in the setting page it is shown as visible, to fix this simply edit the folder and submit, this will create the new settings in the configuration.

Edited by scolcipitato
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thank you so much for sorting this out, actually think the plugin is now significantly better than it was before. Brilliant work!

Tested the new 'preview border color' setting and 'disable boarder toggle', both work well.

Something I did notice, the new settings are only visible when 'preview' is set to 'icon and label', 'only icon', 'only label'. When set to 'none' the options are hidden, could it be changed so visible when all are selected in a future release?

With 'none' selected

1.thumb.png.04870f48d4856020dd85076b831739e2.png

With any of the other options selected2.thumb.png.282d64ac0f05b5d705c1c4d51933c444.png

Edited by 1471
23 minutes ago, 1471 said:

Something I did notice, the new settings are only visible when 'preview' is set to 'icon and label', 'only icon', 'only label'. When set to 'none' the options are hidden, could it be changed so visible when all are selected in a future release?

This is the intended behavior, but I will change in the next version.

• Thanks 1
Just now, sjmller said:

Yeah, tried it. Does not change either. It seems as if the settings are not preserved.

Ok, got it, this is the old code, that set the color of the border the same as the font.

I had the same issue, when making the last update, I think is a caching problem, what I can say is to wait a bit.
If you want to be sure that the changes are taking effect just type this in the browser console

JSON.parse(await $.get('/plugins/folder.view/server/read.php?type=docker').promise())

and look for a folder setting called preview_border or preview_border_color.