Parity device disabled

It is still running the parity-sync/rebuild. it says it will take days. im certain this is because one of my old drives is bottlenecking me. I ordered a new one toay which will arrive tomorrow. If it takes too long ill try draining the drive and replacing it. But hopefully the rebuild speeds up soon and i can replace the old drive tomorrow the normal way.

Edited by Deagarys

I have some old 1tb WD Greens that hold back my parity checks to ~80MBps speeds.  My others are 18TB Exos.  Once the WDs finish at about 6% of the check, the speeds pick right up to ~230MBps for the rest.  So the initial prediction time drops a lot at my 6% mark.  Found it fascinating when I noticed it.

13 hours ago, itimpi said:

It is worth noting that the CRC error count never resets to 0 - the aim is to stop it increasing.

On the Dashboard page, the drive will show a SMART warning ( 👎 ) . You can click on it to acknowledge the current count and it will warn again if it increases.

For the occasional CRC, I just acknowledge, maybe reseat the connection next time I'm in the case. Certain other SMART attributes are monitored also, these are more important and can indicate actual drive problems.

You should setup Notifications to alert you be email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected. Don't let one ignored problem become multiple problems and data loss.