Solved - Drive marked Unmountable Wrong or no filesystem

Go to solution Solved by Drezzden865,

2 hours ago, Drezzden865 said:

Any idea how long it will take to Check the Filesystem on a tb drive. I triggered the scan without the -n on disk1 and it instantly told me

{

Phase1 - Find and verify superblock...

Bad Primary Superblock - -Bad macgic number !!!

Attempting to find secondary superblock....

}

It has been sitting ther stating running for about an hour now

Exactly how did you trigger the check?   It is very easy to get it not quite right if done from the command line instead of the GUI and if it is wrong you can get the symptoms you describe.

34 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Exactly how did you trigger the check?   It is very easy to get it not quite right if done from the command line instead of the GUI and if it is wrong you can get the symptoms you describe.

I went in to the GUI and selected disk 1 and found the Check Filesystem Status section and removed the -n and started the check. this happened right away.

its been about four hours now and i have added the results of disk 1 and 2 to my last post.

At some point last night the Disk1 just posted Exiting now.
Last night will looking at the system i did find a oddity that i had not really noticed before and i just wonder if this could be a issue. The Cache drives both old and new are set to BRTFS format but all the other drives in the system are set to XFS.

I'm fine to Format that drive its been done once before. about a month later it did the same thing again and then disk2 did it as well. I just want to make sure i do it correctly to not have this issue again.

If i pull the drive and do you think i would be able to attach it to another PC and recover the Information that was on the drive through file explorer. 

Also is there something i would do other than format the drive.

As for formatting Disk1 - I did that and blew it completely to fresh the first time and this issue happened again. Is there anything more i need to do other than go to the Main section and in the bottom select the disk1 and select format?

GREAT NEWS

I did do the update to 6.12.5 and restarted and Disk2 is backup and running, My Shares are back and Docker path updated the Cache Path and the Docker starts but when i got to Docker it isn't showing any containers.

THANK YOU ALL for all the Help

• Drezzden865 changed the title to Solved - Drive marked Unmountable Wrong or no filesystem