some container stopping for some reason

sohailoo

i got some container that stops like once or twice a day for some reason that i can't figure out. most of these containers are not related to each other in any way, this is the syslog from maybe a minute or two after it happened. ignore all btrfs related issues since i already solved them (changed to xfs), there's also an error for 2 scripts, run.sh and kill.sh. ignore them too since they're not related to the issue (its been happening before i added them) and i already removed those scripts.

tower-diagnostics-20230925-0209.zip

Edited by sohailoo

It would be worthwhile to run memtest from the boot menu for minimum of a couple of passes.  If you boot via UEFI, then you will need to temporarily switch to legacy boot to run memtest.

You have a whack of segfaults which a lot of times are caused by bad memory and would also possibly result in what you are seeing.

23 hours ago, Squid said:

It would be worthwhile to run memtest from the boot menu for minimum of a couple of passes.  If you boot via UEFI, then you will need to temporarily switch to legacy boot to run memtest.

You have a whack of segfaults which a lot of times are caused by bad memory and would also possibly result in what you are seeing.

yeah it appears that i have a faulty stick. i replaced the ram and tested it to make sure there's no errors, now i'm getting ton of errors in unraid logs

tower-diagnostics-20230926-0123.zip

On 9/26/2023 at 10:44 AM, JorgeB said:

Looks more like a power/connection issue with parity, could also be this:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/103938-69x-lsi-controllers-ironwolf-disks-disabling-summary-fix/

I've done the guide and replaced the cable to the parity just in case. worked fine for 4 days but today exactly at 2:00 am (syslog time) it happened again and 10-20 containers stopped, i noticed it immediately because i had a tab open of code server and it gave me a message while working that it disconnected

tower-diagnostics-20231002-0202.zip

9 hours ago, sohailoo said:

I've done the guide and replaced the cable to the parity just in case. worked fine for 4 days but today exactly at 2:00 am (syslog time) it happened again and 10-20 containers stopped, i noticed it immediately because i had a tab open of code server and it gave me a message while working that it disconnected

tower-diagnostics-20231002-0202.zip 235.95 kB · 0 downloads

This suggests you may have something scheduled to run at that time (e.g appdata backup) so worth checking for that.   You also seem to have an invalid entry in /etc/cron.d/root so worth checking that out to see what it is.