Urgent help with license transfer

hoeman

Replacing your Unraid USB Flash Device transfers the license to a new USB Flash Device. Once this is done, the previous USB Flash device is blacklisted and cannot be used with Unraid going forward. This action cannot be undone.

Trying to do this but here's the error I got.

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"Cannot transfer GUID because you've already transferred 2 times in the past year. Please contact support for assistance."}}

Thank you unraid team for being user-hostile. Please explain to me your rationale behind restricting the number of times I can transfer the license in a year. I keep changing my flash drives because f you it's not your business. Why are users restricted to 2 transfers a year and past that you're f-ed and waiting for support to help you?

3 hours ago, hoeman said:

Replacing your Unraid USB Flash Device transfers the license to a new USB Flash Device. Once this is done, the previous USB Flash device is blacklisted and cannot be used with Unraid going forward. This action cannot be undone.

Trying to do this but here's the error I got.

Error: {"message":"Request failed with status code 403","data":{"error":"Cannot transfer GUID because you've already transferred 2 times in the past year. Please contact support for assistance."}}

Thank you unraid team for being user-hostile. Please explain to me your rationale behind restricting the number of times I can transfer the license in a year. I keep changing my flash drives because f you it's not your business. Why are users restricted to 2 transfers a year and past that you're f-ed and waiting for support to help you?

Please let us know if you need additional assistance in your support ticket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue. USB acted weird after a power outage and its GUID changed (Kingston Datatraveler). Server is now down and I have prepared a new USB, but cannot transfer the license due to this idiotic limit. Why limit the transfers any way? I am very happy with Unraid in general but in my opinion this is just bad practice and just a hassle. 

14 minutes ago, Herfstbok said:

I have the same issue. USB acted weird after a power outage and its GUID changed (Kingston Datatraveler). Server is now down and I have prepared a new USB, but cannot transfer the license due to this idiotic limit. Why limit the transfers any way? I am very happy with Unraid in general but in my opinion this is just bad practice and just a hassle. 

Hello, did you contact support to open a support ticket? I don't see any open tickets for transfers but we are ready to assist.

7 hours ago, Mr. Notepad said:

Strange.. you should see one of those from me that I submitted on Fri 12/1/2023 at 2:13 PM - haven't received a response on it yet - just replied to myself with a screenshot of the same error OP mentioned today.

Did you get the automatic email reply after submitting the ticket? If not no ticket was created, it's been known to happen before, you should try again.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Did you get the automatic email reply after submitting the ticket? If not no ticket was created, it's been known to happen before, you should try again.

You’re know, you’re absolutely right. I didn’t get an automatic reply when I first submitted, and didn’t really think anything of it. I got an auto reply today though when I retried. Thank you. 

• Like 1