Unraid share2share copy - via network instead of direct

I think my issue is related to the samba settings in unraid and the used client OS:

- Windows11 (latest version) client: copy from unraid share to unraid share result in almost no network traffic and data transfer rates between the shares only limited by the drives (~250 MB/s) and not the gigabit network

- Kubuntu (latest version) client (on same hardware) with SMB3 set as min max protocol in smb.conf: copy form unraid share to unraid share results in maximum network traffic and data rates between the share are limited by the gigabit network.

My unraid smb settings are:

Hide "dot" files: no

Enable SMB Multi Channel: yes

Enhanced macOS interoperability: yes

Enable NetBIOS: no

Enable WSD: no

No optional settings/configurations.

So my goal is to have a setup that copies files between unraid shares with alomost no network traffic even if I use kubuntu. What do I need to do?

16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Server-Side_Copy

Linux

The Linux Kernel CIFS client includes support for issuing SMB2 FSCTL_SRV_COPYCHUNK_WRITE server-side copy requests. This feature can currently only be utilised by issuing a special CIFS_IOC_COPYCHUNK_FILE ioctl, as done by cloner in the xfstests Git repository.

Very good reply. Now I have also a word for what I am looking for: Server-Side-Copy. 

- So do I get it right, that this is something that needs to added/changed in Dolphin e.g.? I wonder why this is not already implemented in the file managing tools?

- Does anybody know a file managing tool that uses "server-side-copy" by default (using the necessary parameter for the cp command)?