Array no longer starting

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Array is not configured to autostart. Did you actually try to start it from Main - Array Operation?

yes, once I click start I get the loading bars pop up and then it kind of hangs. I can go though the top menu as UI is responsive but array is stuck 'starting'

11 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try starting in the 'Safe Mode'.  (A boot option on the Unraid boot-up screen on the monitor.)

Running it headless at the moment, but I will try that ASAP as it's in a bit of an awkward spot

25 minutes ago, Kuwabara89 said:

Running it headless at the moment, but I will try that ASAP as it's in a bit of an awkward spot

As long as you can get to the GUI you can change it to boot in Safe Mode even when headless by clicking on the boot drive on the Main tab; go to the syslinux configuration and change which menu option should be treated as the default.

26 minutes ago, itimpi said:

As long as you can get to the GUI you can change it to boot in Safe Mode even when headless by clicking on the boot drive on the Main tab; go to the syslinux configuration and change which menu option should be treated as the default.

Did see the 'reboot in safe mode' next to the reboot/shutdown options under array operation but getting the same results.

2 minutes ago, Kuwabara89 said:

Did see the 'reboot in safe mode' next to the reboot/shutdown options under array operation but getting the same results.

And what happens after that?  Is the GUI  still responsive?   How are you shutting down the server--- GUI, quick push of power switch, or long push of Power switch? 

By "getting the same results.", you mean that the array is not starting???

16 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

And what happens after that?  Is the GUI  still responsive?   How are you shutting down the server--- GUI, quick push of power switch, or long push of Power switch? 

By "getting the same results.", you mean that the array is not starting???

Yes sorry, same results is the GUI loading and when I go to start array it doesn't finish 'starting'

GUI shutdown doesn't seem to respond, presumably because it's still processing the array start so I have to long push the power button.

Image attached just to see GUI, 30 minute uptime.

Screenshot 2024-01-04 234552.png

Reboot in safe mode.   Then set up the Syslog Server to log things to the flash (boot) drive, and start it running. 

Push the start array button.  Wait at least ten minutes before you push the power switch.  Then pull the flash drive and get the syslog file (Use dates and time on the files  if necessary) off the drive and upload it to a new post. 

Just an update and a thank you to all who took their time to help, looks like my SSD cache was potentially at fault somehow. Got frustrated and did a fresh install of unraid and it wasn't happy with my SSD, array mounted fine without it and data accessible. Format of the SSD and it didn't have any issues after that, just have to spend some time getting things set back up.