Trying to format cache but Mover wont work

I want to reformat my single nvme cache drive from btrfs to xfs to see if it cures my crashing issues but I’m having trouble moving the contents on to the array. My setup is very basic as it’s only really a Plex server plus pihole and you can see my shares in the image attached.

I’ve changed every share to be on the array only but nothing happens when I manually activate mover. I’m wondering if it’s possible to simply copy and paste the contents of the cache to the array and then back again after the format?

Thanks.

IMG_0013.jpeg

2 hours ago, trurl said:

Mover ignores "only" shares. Must be cache:yes (or the equivalent Mover action Cache->Array on 6.12)

Thanks. The problem I'm having now is that for some reason Mover is only moving some of the files and folders in my appdata share, the config folders for three of my dockers are remaining on the cache drive. This is despite me stopping all dockers and turning the docker service off altogether.

2 minutes ago, ChutneyBadger said:

Thanks. The problem I'm having now is that for some reason Mover is only moving some of the files and folders in my appdata share, the config folders for three of my dockers are remaining on the cache drive. This is despite me stopping all dockers and turning the docker service off altogether.

Is there any chance the files already exist on the array?    Mover will never overwrite existing files.

As mentioned, mover won't replace files so if a file exists in both places you will have to decide which to keep.

And nothing can move files from a read-only filesystem since move requires deleting from source after copying to destination. Don't know if your cache is read-only or not, maybe diagnostics would tell.

Dynamix File Manager plugin will let you work with files directly on the server.

17 hours ago, itimpi said:

Is there any chance the files already exist on the array?    Mover will never overwrite existing files.

Nope, everything in appdata was on the cache. I've attached an image showing what my appdata looks like after setting it to 'cache -> array' and then running Mover.

chrome_2iRIFb8CXS.png

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Enable the mover logging, run the mover, post the diagnostics.

I'll do that now, in the meantime I tried to copy appdata and system folders to one of my array disks using Dynamix File Manager and I got hundreds of errors like the ones shown in the attached screenshots. I dont know if they help identify the problem?

chrome_BDtddOIkZl.png

chrome_woLBF4mO0e.png

16 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

btrfs is detecting data corruption, and it won't let you copy known corrupt files, you can run a scrub to get a list of all corrupt files in the syslog, then those should be delete/restored from a backup, also a good idea to run memtest.

Scrub doesn't seem to report anything.

chrome_W18EQYEzbo.png

6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

btrfs is detecting data corruption, and it won't let you copy known corrupt files, you can run a scrub to get a list of all corrupt files in the syslog, then those should be delete/restored from a backup, also a good idea to run memtest.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

The first thing you should do is

Memtest has passed without any errors. I think im just going to replace my cache drive since i have a spare nvme drive following a recent upgrade to my gaming pc.