How to force connection from Mac Studio to installed 10 Gbe NIC by ethernet rather than wifi.

I have just set up my new Unraid server with a 10 Gbe NIC as the only network connection.

Everything is generally working as it should, but I have experienced occasions where the Mac connects via wifi rather than the 10 Gbe connection.

Obviously that does not perform very well.

I can see no way to block a wifi connection.

Is there such a setting?

10 minutes ago, Baregills said:

I have just set up my new Unraid server with a 10 Gbe NIC as the only network connection.

Everything is generally working as it should, but I have experienced occasions where the Mac connects via wifi rather than the 10 Gbe connection.

Obviously that does not perform very well.

I can see no way to block a wifi connection.

Is there such a setting?

This is not an Unraid issue as Unraid does not support WiFi so the Mac must be connecting to your router via WiFi and that is what you need to look into.

Macs will connect to networks in the order set in the network settings on the Mac. If wifi has priority over ethernet you can drag them into a different order. If Ethernet already has priority then this would suggest that your Mac is experiencing issues connecting to your network via Ethernet and is reverting to wifi instead. Possibly a bad cable or port.

Edited by wgstarks
  • 2 weeks later...