Connect a unraid docker container (deluge) to synology NAS share

30 minutes ago, Uliphant said:

going down this rabbit hole as far as it goes lol.. I’m running unraid in proxmox all seems well.  But now I wanna connect to nfs.

Is it done? And if so how? 

Use unassigned devices plugin to mount the smb or nfs share to unraid (appears under /mnt/remotes).
This can then be mounted into the docker using the usual options.

Of course most new synologys have the capability to run docker, and you might be better of running deluge directly on the synology to avoid complexity.

I have my reasons for not wanting to use synology for docker.  But I hear ya.  im looking at the docs and wasn't wrapping my head around the part where I use the NFS share.. it appeared to work with spare drives that weren't part of the array.  I didn't see how to make an nfs share an unassigned drive but I haven't installed it yet still trying to understand how to install it in the apps store.  it says pending so im doing some reading lol.

I have a somewhat related question pertaining to UD.  I installed plex and used the UD NFS share and for whatever reason binhex plex shows no folders listed under the volume mapped path when i try to setup libraries. 

1233869204_Screenshot2024-02-15150608.thumb.png.3b2c0bfa4cf3b05c22ef06005cc6ff1f.png

If I map a volume to a regular share in unraid (not UD) it works no problem.  

1495422993_Screenshot2024-02-15150154.thumb.png.71aa58db2976b1ba250e6a6b364042f3.png

484965806_Screenshot2024-02-15150124.thumb.png.8d65d06977c1eeecfb91641cb9b80a63.png

1500212598_Screenshot2024-02-15150431.thumb.png.3fa5e3bc0dd229a365d631285a79da6a.png

My other docker container (delugevpn) had no issues seeing the mapped volume.  This may only be a binhex specific issue.. 

im guessing i need to look at a log at the point where unraid would connect the UD share as mapped in the config but am unsure where to dig in.  if this is the wrong place i apologize.  maybe you can reccomend where i should seek support as this seems specifically related to UD.  but its not possible to know if its because im under proxmox..  so idk if this is the place or not.

1 hour ago, Uliphant said:

im guessing i need to look at a log at the point where unraid would connect the UD share as mapped in the config but am unsure where to dig in.  if this is the wrong place i apologize.  maybe you can reccomend where i should seek support as this seems specifically related to UD.  but its not possible to know if its because im under proxmox..  so idk if this is the place or not.

And include your diagnostics