Unraid 6.12.6 boot failure with bzroot checksum error

Go to solution Solved by vulcanneko96,

Since I needed to install some new hard drives, I restarted my server. Then i find boot failure with error "bzroot checksum errror ".First I try to download the backup on the unraid connect and copy to my usb driver , nothing happened ,error again . Then i try to download form unraid.net but only have 6.12.8. I try to copy the lastest version to boot it , but error with lzma error . So how can i solve this issue. The attached file is server diagnostics. Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20240216-2158.zip

I try it , then boot it i found VFS: cannot open root devise "(null)" or unknown-block(0,0): error -6 Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions: . I add root=sda1 in syslinux.cfg to solve it . now i find bzfirmware checksum error。。

I restarted again,now bzmodules checksum error.Is it possible that the USB flash drive is broken?

screen2024-02-17 00.32.53.png

Edited by vulcanneko96
  • Solution

SOLVED

After i change a new usb flash device to boot , again the error bz* checksum error. And i find everytime i start the server , the checksum error different, sometimes bzfirmware , sometimes bzroot, i use my computer to check sha256 on the flash device , the result is same as bz*.sha256.  I guess the problem is happened when the server run the sha256 check . I test my memery find have error 16GB *2  . I change it form another computer . also 16GB*2, find memtest error again. untill i change to 8GB*2, Maybe my 6700k memery controler have some problem, now it can only control 16GB memery 。。。 I