Asking Help Service for restore UNRAID with new USB Key

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I would like if possible to ask for help to restore my UNRAID server, I had to move following the loss of my partner and I have all our personal data (and photos) in my unRaid NAS, unfortunately the USB key has was lost while it was on the NAS and I do not have a screenshot of the order of my 8 hard drives (I have the license activation key)

I read the guide and searched on Reddit, honestly I'm too afraid of doing something wrong and losing everything. If someone could help me, even remotely connected or otherwise. I also agree to pay for support.

Thank you for any information that could help me restore the data.

https://docs.unraid.net/es/unraid-os/manual/changing-the-flash-device/

19 hours ago, itimpi said:

You might find this section of the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI useful?  Feel free to ask for clarification if needed.

Thank you for the help link, so if I understand correctly, as long as I know THE disk (18TB) which serves as parity I can put the other disks in another order without losing the data ?

• Solution
1 hour ago, Christian Demoulin said:

Thank you for the help link, so if I understand correctly, as long as I know THE disk (18TB) which serves as parity I can put the other disks in another order without losing the data ?

Yes.    You might then need to do editing of share properties if you had non-default settings for any if them.

Hello, i am actually here, and the message : 
All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started

DO i have to be afraid ? because i have error with some disks too at the boot

27-02-2024 14:23	Unraid Disk 7 SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 1	TOSHIBA_HDWG480_32E0A0SHFA3H (sdh)	warning	
27-02-2024 14:23	Unraid Parity disk SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 104	TOSHIBA_HDWG51J_9350A01JFQ3H (sdi)	warning	
27-02-2024 14:22	Unraid Disk 6 SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 1	TOSHIBA_HDWG480_32E0A0SHFA3H (sdh)	warning	
27-02-2024 14:22	Unraid Parity disk SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 101	TOSHIBA_HDWG51J_9350A01JFQ3H (sdi)	warning	
27-02-2024 14:14	Unraid device dev9 SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 100	TOSHIBA_HDWG51J_9350A01JFQ3H (dev9)	warning	
27-02-2024 14:14	Unraid device dev1 SMART health [199]	Warning [MINITOWER] - udma crc error count is 1	TOSHIBA_HDWG480_32E0A0SHFA3H (dev1)	warning

I post the photo before touch anything (do i have to say the parity is already valid ?)

screencapture-192-168-1-200-Main-2024-02-28-05_26_06.png

I believe you can proceed.  Here is how I understand that image.  With the parity sorted out and the array disks assigned even in a different order, what will be overwritten is the parity drive only.  The data on Disks 1-7 will remain intact.

I understand your angst so in your shoes, I would wait for one of the pros to swing by and give a final look at it.

edited cause it read funny.

Edited by Veah
46 minutes ago, Christian Demoulin said:

So next step restart the server and install the parity disk right ?

Yes - assuming you want to keep using the Unraid server and have some protection against drive failure.

47 minutes ago, Christian Demoulin said:

Just a problem installing the key, I have an ERROR 8

Do you have the .key file?   If so it should be just a case of putting it into the ‘config’ folder on the flash drive.