Won't boot help

Woke up this morning to this screen.  I've tried restarted.  Going into safe boot. It always gets stuck here.  I did notice one time something about a possible file corruption due to fs not being shut down properly.

Hope someone can assist. 

IMG20240509084256.jpg

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Try recreating the flash drive, or booting with a different one using a stock install, to confirm what is the problem.

So just copy to a new flash drive and try booting again basically?

1 minute ago, dzyuba86 said:

So just copy to a new flash drive

Not sure what you mean by copy, recreating means backup current flash drive, recreate the flash drive manually or by using the USB tool, restore the config folder from the backup.

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Not sure what you mean by copy, recreating means backup current flash drive, recreate the flash drive manually or by using the USB tool, restore the config folder from the backup.

my ident.cfg file is corrupt. Apparently we had a power outage that must have caused this. What can I do so I don't lose my entire system and library of everything?

ident.cfg is just a text file, like most of the config files. You can extract just that file from the latest download from https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/download_list/ and edit it, if you don't remember customizing the entry in the file just leave it as default, you can change things after you boot.

Did you look through the other files in your config folder to see if any others were messed up? I think only the super.dat and the key file aren't plain text.

10 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

ident.cfg is just a text file, like most of the config files. You can extract just that file from the latest download from https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/download_list/ and edit it, if you don't remember customizing the entry in the file just leave it as default, you can change things after you boot.

Did you look through the other files in your config folder to see if any others were messed up? I think only the super.dat and the key file aren't plain text.

When I was making a copy of the folder it gave me an error saying this file is corrupt and can't be copied.  Everything else copies just fine. So I can just delete that file and try booting again basically?

26 minutes ago, dzyuba86 said:

When I was making a copy of the folder it gave me an error saying this file is corrupt and can't be copied.  Everything else copies just fine. So I can just delete that file and try booting again basically?

No, I'd replace it with a stock file extracted from the download I listed above. You can edit it and change the server name to what you had before instead of "Tower" if you want.

Posted (edited)

I made a new USB and copied my old config folder. Still had same issue. I disconnected ALL USB devices I had plugged into the tower and it booted up no problem. Now just working on getting everything reconnected.  I did take a new ident.cfg file from the fresh install config folder though. Thanks for the help.

Edited by dzyuba86
missing info