UGreen NAS LED control

Go to solution Solved by ich777,

8 hours ago, Wolfy said:

I was envisioning a system where the light is green if the drive is online and good, red if bad, blue if populated but spun down, etc.

This would be of course possible but comes with the downside of using more CPU time which would result in a bit more power consumption, if the disk drops offline or you pull it the LED will turn red.

The initial release is as is, however you can of course change the static colors as mentioned in this post:

You all made my day.
With updating unraid to 7.0.0-beta.1 i was able to install the LED Plugin.

No more blinking 🥳

I think there will be some future updates so i wait.

But if i had a few wishes, it would be great to define the brightness of the LAN and power LED.

And would it be possible to change he hdd LEDs (color or brightness) if they are in active/standby or writing/in use

(and is the LAN LED just statically blinking? not by transfered packages?)

Edited by maa88
2 hours ago, maa88 said:

I think there will be some future updates so i wait.

Maybe but I'm not sure about that... :D

2 hours ago, maa88 said:

it would be great to define the brightness of the LAN and power LED.

You can already set the brightness from the HDD LEDs, just go to /boot/config/plugins/ugreen-leds/settings.cfg and change the values from: BRIGHTNESS_DISK_LEDS (the value range is 0 = 0% and 255 = 100%) <- keep in mind changing this value requires a reboot.

2 hours ago, maa88 said:

And would it be possible to change he hdd LEDs (color or brightness) if they are in active/standby or writing/in use

Read one comment about yours.

2 hours ago, maa88 said:

(and is the LAN LED just statically blinking? not by transfered packages?)

Nope, it is only blinking when there is traffic <- keep in mind if you have many applications installed, there will be always some traffic or if you have the WebUI open.

Just now, ich777 said:

Yes and no, what do you want to do exactly?

Just wondering if it could also be used for another indicator...Like make it RED/Flashing if something bad happens(CPU overheating, Array or disk offline, any number of things). 

48 minutes ago, foo_fighter said:

Just wondering if it could also be used for another indicator...Like make it RED/Flashing if something bad happens(CPU overheating, Array or disk offline, any number of things). 

Sure but this answer applies to this question too:

Please also do keep in mind that this comes with maybe many variables, does the user have the temperature readout installed, at what temperature do you want to turn red, which sensor is to monitor (also note that this is possibly different from unit to unit).

The disks indicator LEDs turn already red if a disks drops offline.

• Like 1

First of all thank you for the plugin 👍

1. I saw that in this https://github.com/miskcoo/ugreen_dx4600_leds_controller/pull/12 you modified the script to skip the smart check on unraid. But it would be great if we could hav a red blinking for such cases.
  2. Could the pulsing led for spundown / standby drives be implemented?
  3. If a drive is physically removed and not offline, can it be two different things or is there no way to determine what happend to the drive?

I'm still new to Unraid, but if i could help modding the script and testing I would try to help :)

9 hours ago, dr_bluescreen said:

First of all thank you for the plugin 👍

Please see this post:

Please always keep in mind that the more checks I implement the more CPU cycles will be used and therefore more power will be used, even if power consumption is no concern for you for some it is.

However I haven't said that it is not possible to support all of that but I would like that all of this is well thought out and implemented correctly.

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 8:04 AM, ich777 said:

You have to wait until the new Unraid beta version is released.

After it is released simply upgrade your Unraid system, reboot, go to the CA app and search for "ugreen led driver":

grafik.png.eaacbaa1daee4f5878d8f394bb282a70.png

and you will find the plugin.

Install the plugin and it should hopefully work.

Reason that I can't release is for 6.12.10 is that there are additional required dependencies which are only included in the next public beta.

Currently supported systems are:

• UGREEN DX4600 Pro
  • UGREEN DXP4800 Plus
  • UGREEN DXP6800 Pro
  • UGREEN DXP8800 Plus

NOT supported but maybe coming in the future:

• UGREEN DXP480T Plus

Hi, does this plugin work with the 2 bay model too? thanks

Edited by duke77
1 minute ago, duke77 said:

No yet, as I have not installed unraid in this NAS yet, but I wanted to know if it works. Thanks

To answer your question, it should work yes, but no one with a DXP2800 tested it yet.

On 7/5/2024 at 10:59 AM, ich777 said:

To answer your question, it should work yes, but no one with a DXP2800 tested it yet.

Hi, I can confirm that the UGREEN LED driver works on 2 bay model DXP2800, however I have seen a little glitch, when I reboot the server then the power led keeps blinking even after has restarted, only a full shutdown fix the blinking. 

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Kraizel said:

Hi, I can confirm that the UGREEN LED driver works on 2 bay model DXP2800, however I have seen a little glitch, when I reboot the server then the power led keeps blinking even after has restarted, only a full shutdown fix the blinking. 

Thanks

Do you maybe have Diagnostics from that reboot.

Nobody has yet reported that.

That seems weird because the blinking from the LEDs is reset on each boot, regardless if it's a cold or warm boot.

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you maybe have Diagnostics from that reboot.

Nobody has yet reported that.

That seems weird because the blinking from the LEDs is reset on each boot, regardless if it's a cold or warm boot.

Hi, I will try to replicate this and report back.

There is one more thing that I noticed this morning, after my disks had spin down the lights are still on, no off nor pulsing like in regular ugreen, also the logs have the following warnings.

Any ideas? Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-12 a las 8.34.44.png

13 hours ago, Kraizel said:

Any ideas? Thanks

I already contacted the developer. Please create an Issue here, since my plugin is based on that repository.

13 hours ago, Kraizel said:

There is one more thing that I noticed this morning, after my disks had spin down the lights are still on, no off nor pulsing like in regular ugreen, also the logs have the following warnings.

This is expected for now, please also read that post:

• ich777 locked this topic