Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason its not working is the plug-in uses git to download couchpotato. Git will not download into a directory that has ANY files or directories already in it. Where you set the data folder to /installed/couchpotato_v2 the first time, the data folder got created and now git will not install couchpotato there. Remove the data directory and then install.

I'll probably change how it gets installed as this is an issue. I never thought of it that way since I keep the two separate.

Also, the setting for the config file in couchpotato_v2.cfg is hardcoded because that is the safest place for the config file. It does not need to be changed(/boot/ is your flash drive). Since the config is rarely changed once set up it does not run the risk of causing a lot of writes to the flash drive, and without the flash drive the plug-in is useless as unraid will not be running on your system, so it stands to reason it is the best place for the config file.

Take, for instance, if you had the install and data directory on your cache drive, and your cache drive failed, you'd lose all your settings as well as your database. Same goes for if its on disk1 ~ diskX, if you had a two drive failure and that was one of the drives, everything would be lost. With the config file located on your flash drive, in the event of a drive failure after a new disk is installed and couchpotato is installed, it will pick up the config file and you will have to do nothing further. Saves a little bit of trouble(especially since the hardest part of these apps is setting them up).

EDIT: Also, one argument would be if the flash drive failed you'd be in the same boat. This is true, but since the flash drive holds all settings for unraid as well, I would assume(and at very least suggest) making periodic backups of the flash drive just in case of failure, which would, of course, back up the couchpotato settings file in the process, :)

That fixed it! Thanks so much.

First off i love your plugins.

I don't have a cache drive. i run snap to mount a drive. the data folder for your plugins are on that drive. i saw someone else with the same issue in another thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=22352.0

So your plugins are running before snap can mount the drive so everything is being created in ram.

Did you find a correct solution for this issue? Should i mount the drive another way?

Hey Influencers,

I don't use usenet.. so i don't use too many of your plugins but HTPC Manager looked interesting so I thought I'd try it out.

I encountered some problems starting this... and found out that it requires sqlite pkg and the HTPC Manager plugin does not include sqlite pkg.

I also noticed that the default port doesn't get set for this plug in either.

Can you check on this?

Thanks.

Hey Influencers,

I don't use usenet.. so i don't use too many of your plugins but HTPC Manager looked interesting so I thought I'd try it out.

I encountered some problems starting this... and found out that it requires sqlite pkg and the HTPC Manager plugin does not include sqlite pkg.

I also noticed that the default port doesn't get set for this plug in either.

Can you check on this?

Thanks.

Alright, added the missing sqlite pkg, the port should be set, I didn't find a problem. What did happen was previously when I originally wrote the plug-in, there was no option for port, so I had to make a config file with the port in order to pass that along to htpcmanager. When the option was added I migrated to that option, but never removed the stock config file. I have removed that from the plug-in, the port should work fine, :)

I'm going to bug you with one more question then. I had installed Plex Media Server using the plugin here, but I had so many issues I just went back to running it on my macbook. My issue was related to performance and I wasn't sure what was causing it. First off, the web based admin was ridiculously slow. It would stutter and once I told it to scan the media directories it would just lock up. If I would come back the next day I could use the interface, but the library usually wouldn't load or it would only partially load.

Second, in the plex client when I would try to navigate the shows and movies that were on the PMS it would just stay stuck on "Waiting". For example, I would say show me Season 2 of Dexter and the waiting overlay would appear for awhile. After a few minutes it would just show an empty directly with no pictures or text or anything. Its as if it just failed to load anything.

Do I just not meet min requirements?

My hardware:

5 Drive miniBox (pics using a different 5-in-3 and a different mobo)

Mobo: ZOTAC GF6100-E-E

CPU: AMD Sempron 145

RAM: Kingston 2GB DDR2 800

PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W

Fans: Coolink SWiF2-801 *optional (Norco SS-500 fan upgrade is quieter performance is desired)

Hard Drives: Green drives (5400 rpm or 5900 rpm), such as WD Green, Hitachi CoolSpin, Samsung EcoGreen, and Seagate LP

I have no clue with plex, I personally don't run it. I tried it out and it worked decently for me, it could be slow at times. I would suggest asking your question on the PMS thread on the forums. When I had partnered with WW he had released a PMS plug-in, but if I remember correctly there were issues with it, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I would say that as far as transcoding you would be underpowered, the sempron would be too slow for decent decoding. Atleast from my experience

You might be a bit under-powered. Plex reccomend a dual core cpu. I used to run PMS on a Qnap x86 NAS. Dual Core Atom 1.6ghz. Worked fine except for trancoding. However I wouldnt think you would have problems caning the library from the admin page. I would just take a very long time.

PMS works fine for me on my Unraid box, however I did the install base on a post on the PMS forum and I run a AMD Tri Core.

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/42513-0963-for-unraid/

From the WIKI:

Plex Media Server only – Linux PC

Minimum requirements

A Ubuntu or Slackware PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor 1.6 GHz or better

At least 512MB RAM

Recommended configuration - For transcoding HD Content (720p and 1080p):

A Ubuntu or Slackware PC with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.4 GHz or better

At least 2GB RAM

I'm not sure if I should post this in here, or in the unraid 5.0 thread, or what. But I'll try here first. :)

I'm using influencers sabnzbd plugin on 5.0-rc8a. Everything is working perfectly but I'm having an issue with "Sorting" putting the wrong permissions on items which causes me to not be able to stream the files. The "new permissions" script that you have to run after upgrading to 5.0 from 4.7 says directories should be -rwxrwx--- and read/write files should be -rw-rw---.

I have sabnzbd set to copy my movies to /mnt/user/Videos and to rename the folder that the movie is in. I noticed after it does this, it's always unreadable from my devices. If I check the permissions of the folder that sabnzbd created it's drwx------ (supposed to be drwxrwx---) and the files in that folder are -rw-r--r-- (supposed to be -rw-rw---).

The permissions on the files themselves is alright but the permission on the folder is preventing my devices from even entering it without me having to go in and chmod. I have been using unraid 4.7 and sabnzbd for a year and a half with no issues. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something in terms of having sabnzbd create these folders properly.

For tv shows I have sabnzbd throw them back over to sickbeard for sorting and it does them perfectly and with the right permissions.

Sorry if this is poorly worded, I had a long day at work and my brain is kind of fried. Ha. But I'm getting real frustrated with never being able to watch a movie without first ssh'ing in and chmod'ing, or constantly running the permission fix which wakes up all my drives. Thanks!

Couple of questions.

First, whats user does sabnzbd run as? For the least headaches it should be "nobody"

Second, check in Config > Folders and see what the permissions are set as. I set mine to 774 and have never had an issue. I am also on RC8.

Edit: Beat to it!

Actually now that I look at it, they are being set with 755 permissions

Edit 2: It appears when the mover script runs it changes the permission to 770, atleast everything in my shares are and I haven't run new permissions in a long time

Guess you missed my previous post.  :)

I don't have a cache drive. i run snap to mount a drive. the data folder for your plugins are on that drive. i saw someone else with the same issue in another thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=22352.0

So your plugins are running before snap can mount the drive so everything is being created in ram.

Did you find a correct solution for this issue? Should i mount the drive another way?

Yes, I did miss it.

I haven't found a sure fire method, I have a few ideas but every time I get around to testing them users with the problem have disappeared  :-X

If you are interested in testing I'll try to put together a couple tests for you in the next couple days, maybe we can get this fixed.

There should be a setting under SABnzbd->Config->Folders for "Permissions for completed downloads". Set it to "777" and you should be good to go.

Couple of questions.

First, whats user does sabnzbd run as? For the least headaches it should be "nobody"

Second, check in Config > Folders and see what the permissions are set as. I set mine to 774 and have never had an issue. I am also on RC8.

Thanks to both of you, especially for the super fast response. :) I never noticed that setting before. :) If you need anything tested I'd be happy to help as well.

it would be interesting, at what time snap tries to mount that drive. it looks like it will mount the drive after the array is started (please check with the creator of snap).

at the plugin installation time, the data drive is not needed, but after the array started, sabnzbd, etc. will be started. so it's important to mount the drive before the array starts.

i have a similar setup (no cache drive, but one special data drive for downloads and app data). i'm using my own drive mount plugin, which works fine, but isn't feature complete and doesn't support as many options as snap...

Update:

It looks like snap ist started via the go script. this script is run pretty late. i'm not sure, if it is run before starting the array, but i guess not.

you could set your array to not auto start after boot, in which case the go script will be run before you can manually start the array.

Update2: In this case, the code above to wait would not help, since all the commands to install plugins and start them are executed one after an other and not parallel.

so the script would wait, if it can't find the drive, and after a long wait and a failed startup, the drive will be mounted.

important is the execution order and not more time to wait. (at least in this case. could be different if you use a cache drive. but i believe, the plugins will be started after all array disks are mounted correctly.)

Archived