Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

Recently I've had a problem where I'll lose the connection to any of sab/sick/cp for no apparent reason.

I have each installed in the following directories, with the appropriate name per app: "/usr/local/{name of app}" and the data in "/mnt/cache/apps/{name of app}"

Even when I lose the connection, it still shows as running in the unraid settings but to connect to the crashed program I need to restart it. This has been going on for a few days now and I don't know what the problem is or how to correct it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at the logs to get an idea. If you can narrow down the time of the crash and look in that area of the logs to see what is happening around that time. When you lose access are you also trying to access by IP instead of name? IE, 192.168.1.12:8080 instead of tower:8080

Shouldn't make a lot of difference but something to try

Move the scripts to Saba data directory inside the scripts folder and make sure Sab is pointed there, it should be by default.

OK, done. Sabnzbd is now pointed to /mnt/disk1/.apps/sickbeard/autoprocessTV/ where I copied the scripts. I also ran the new permissions utility to set the permissions right.

But the second problem still exists:

If I set it up, the SabToSickbeard.py fails with the following error:

Destination folder for this episode: /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1

Moving file from /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/The.Sopranos.S01E12.iNTERNAL.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS/The.Sopranos.S01E12.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS.avi to /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/The Sopranos - 01x12 - Isabella.avi

Unable to move file /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/The.Sopranos.S01E12.iNTERNAL.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS/The.Sopranos.S01E12.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS.avi to /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/The Sopranos - 01x12 - Isabella.avi: 2

I think it is a permissions reason but I can not find the mistake here. I ran the new permissions script, so the folders should have the correct permissions... Sab and Sickbeard both run as nobody...

Permissions for completed downloads is set to 770 if that matters (read it somewhere on the forums to set it to that value)

I've verified I have the latest update to runner.py that fixed the startup issues. I have the line,

server.listen(config['port'], config['host'])

However, I still get the [Errno 97] bind error when attempting to start CouchPotato via plugin or manually with just running CouchPotato.py. So far I've tried complete removing everything couchpotato related in

/boot

/usr/local

/mnt/user/apps

/etc/rc.d

Also deleted everything in my /plugins dir. Rebooted to make sure all traces of couchpotato were wiped out, reinstall with Couchpotato_unplugged and still won't start.

I was wondering if somehow it was still using a leftover runner.py because it is the identical error, so I ran

find / -iname "runner.py"

It found no results.

After a reboot this would essentially be a TOTALLY FRESH install, but still receive [Errno 97] error

Transmission_unplugged.plg question

I am having issues setting up the incomplete folder url

I have my default download to folder as

/mnt/cache/appdata/transmission/downloads/complete/

in the web client

I have edited the settings.json file located in /mnt/cache/appdata/transmission/

"incomplete-dir": "/mnt/cache/appdata/transmission/downloads/incomplete/", 
"incomplete-dir-enabled": true,

rebooted my unRAID server but still no change, any new torrent starts downloading in my complete folder

what am I not doing correctly?

thanks

in the web client

I have edited the settings.json file located in /mnt/cache/appdata/transmission/

rebooted my unRAID server but still no change, any new torrent starts downloading in my complete folder

thanks

Are you ensuring transmission is shut down before making the changes? If not they will be overwritten when you shutdown transmission (or unraid).

I've verified I have the latest update to runner.py that fixed the startup issues. I have the line,

However, I still get the [Errno 97] bind error when attempting to start CouchPotato via plugin or manually with just running CouchPotato.py. So far I've tried complete removing everything couchpotato related in

/boot

/usr/local

/mnt/user/apps

/etc/rc.d

Also deleted everything in my /plugins dir. Rebooted to make sure all traces of couchpotato were wiped out, reinstall with Couchpotato_unplugged and still won't start.

I was wondering if somehow it was still using a leftover runner.py because it is the identical error, so I ran

It found no results.

After a reboot this would essentially be a TOTALLY FRESH install, but still receive [Errno 97] error

Check and make sure your settings.conf has the host and port fields and that they are populated. For host it should be "0.0.0.0", port should be whatever port your using.

Move the scripts to Saba data directory inside the scripts folder and make sure Sab is pointed there, it should be by default.

OK, done. Sabnzbd is now pointed to /mnt/disk1/.apps/sickbeard/autoprocessTV/ where I copied the scripts. I also ran the new permissions utility to set the permissions right.

Destination folder for this episode: /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1

Moving file from /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/The.Sopranos.S01E12.iNTERNAL.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS/The.Sopranos.S01E12.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS.avi to /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/The Sopranos - 01x12 - Isabella.avi

Unable to move file /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/The.Sopranos.S01E12.iNTERNAL.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS/The.Sopranos.S01E12.WS.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-SAiNTS.avi to /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/The Sopranos - 01x12 - Isabella.avi: 2

I think it is a permissions reason but I can not find the mistake here. I ran the new permissions script, so the folders should have the correct permissions... Sab and Sickbeard both run as nobody...

Permissions for completed downloads is set to 770 if that matters (read it somewhere on the forums to set it to that value)

Whats the output of:

If Serien already exists, skip this one;

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/

If The Sopranos already exists skip this one;

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/

Whats the output of:

If Serien already exists, skip this one;

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/

If The Sopranos already exists skip this one;

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien/The Sopranos/

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Filme/serien/The Sopranos/Season 1/

ls -l /mnt/disk1/Downloads/Complete/TV/

Serien and The Sopranos already existed, Season 1 not, so:

and the last one:

The script basically sets the group rights to the same as the user rights, when it was ran your user rights must have excluded write and so it got removed from them all

I'd check the base directories and check them to make sure...

ls -l /mnt/disk1/

Also, is there any reason why you use specific disks instead of the user shares(just wondering)

I have User shares set up, but it is the same when using them. Apparently it sets some directories 'drwxrwxrwx' and some to 'dr-xr-xr-x'. Strange that /mnt/disk1/Filme/Serien has 'dr-xr-xr-x' but /mnt/disk1/Filme/Tatort has 'drwxrwxrwx'. How can that be? I thought the new permissions are set for every subdirectory and file on every disk?

/boot

/usr/local

/mnt/user/apps

/etc/rc.d

It found no results.

Check and make sure your settings.conf has the host and port fields and that they are populated. For host it should be "0.0.0.0", port should be whatever port your using.

I do not see a section in settings.conf for host. I do see the port and it is correct. Do you mean the host fix people were discuss a few pages back for runner.py?

Both are necessary, but if couchpotato is updated (recent updates have fixed that problem) you shouldn't need to manually add the line to runner.py, it was just a bad update.

Now what I came across is my settings.conf file got corrupted when it updated, basically destroying my settings. Wasn't a big deal because I make a weekly backup of my flash drive, but after fixing runner.py I still couldn't start couchpotato. Finding my corrupt settings.conf, I added the host and port lines to it and it started up. Not sure what in that bad update made it corrupt the settings.conf, but it happened to me, and apparently a few others, :D

in the web client

thanks

Are you ensuring transmission is shut down before making the changes? If not they will be overwritten when you shutdown transmission (or unraid).

I thought it was as Transmission was not accessible, but maybe it was a browser cache issue, tripple checked and it is in fact working as expected with the correct incomplete folder

thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm having issues with Couch Potato running. This just started happening to me with a slightly older version of CP and is also happening with the latest release as well.

I start up CP and it reloads the unraid page and says 'Running' then 2 seconds later you reload the page again and it says 'Stopped'.

The only thing I can find in the unraid log is this:

/mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato_V2/CouchPotato.py --daemon --config_file /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2/settings.conf --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato_v2/couchpotato_v2.pid

And i'm not to sure what kind of logs you would need from the actual CP logs to help me out.

Cheers for the help in advance

Hi Guys,

I'm having issues with Couch Potato running. This just started happening to me with a slightly older version of CP and is also happening with the latest release as well.

I start up CP and it reloads the unraid page and says 'Running' then 2 seconds later you reload the page again and it says 'Stopped'.

The only thing I can find in the unraid log is this:

/mnt/cache/Apps/couchpotato_V2/CouchPotato.py --daemon --config_file /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2/settings.conf --pid_file /var/run/couchpotato_v2/couchpotato_v2.pid

And i'm not to sure what kind of logs you would need from the actual CP logs to help me out.

Cheers for the help in advance

Did you read the last three pages of this thread?

To others who are having problems with permissions, it might be due to sabnzbd settings. It was in my case. . .

I could not modify any of the sab downloaded files through smb. It said I needed authorization from the user nobody

It turns out that sab by default gives write permissions only to the main user for any downloaded file, which is nobody by default (755)

In sab settings, go to folders and set the permissions to 777 and you should be good (hopefully)

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm running an uptime of 130 days and I have not touched CP2 for at least 3-4 weeks. I know my settings have not changed. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NEW PLUGIN!!!???

Could you take a step back and realise that the plugin is not couchpotato itself but just a wrapper around the installation, configuration and a means to start and stop it.

Couchpotato as an app will auto update itself regardless. Unfortunately we've had a couple of iffy releases (although now back on track) which have caused these problems. Force cp to update and everything should be well again

Note also that couchpotato has its own logs in the logs folder that would give you more information about what was happening.

Yes, everytime Couchpotato breaks it isn't the plug-ins fault. Especially if the plug-in hasn't been updated (which it hasn't). What would be beneficial instead coming to the thread and asking for help immediately, read the past few pages to see if its a common issue.

The problem was a couple broken commits to Couchpotato itself. This broke functionality and has been covered, recovered and now officially fixed by the Couchpotato dev.

I am all for giving support, but giving the exact same support repeatedly is tiring. I myself barely use Couchpotato and ONLY have it running so I can investigate issues users have and try to give support.

So, one more time. The issue was with runner.py, the variable for the host that couchpotato listens on was removed in an attempt to stop repeated support issues on the devs end(ironic isn't it), but actually broke functionality and caused CP to not start correctly. It would show as RUNNING because the pid file would be created, but then CP's webserver would crash because of the invalid host and shut itself down. This was why after a refresh it would show as stopped.

The band-aid fix until the dev got it fixed was to add the CONFIG['host'] variable back to the line that starts the webserver. This was documented 2-3 pages back in detail. Some other users also had an issue where the faulty update caused the host variable to be removed completely from the settings.conf(where all of the variables and options for CP are stored). So even after fixing the runner.py, CP would still not start. The fix for this was to add "host = 0.0.0.0" under the [core] section of the settings.conf.

Now, the CP dev has updated CP again to fix the bad commit, adding the variable back to runner.py. IF YOU UPDATE, and CP still doesn't start, either rename your settings.conf, which is located in /boot/config/plugins/couchpotato_v2 (/boot is your flash drive), or under the [core] header (about half way down in the settings file) add

host = 0.0.0.0

Sorry if the post sounds rash

Archived