User share shows as lower case in Windows Explorer

I've set up a user share called 'DVD', the real folder name on unRAID is also 'DVD' in uppercase. But if i browse to my unRAID server from within Windows, this folder, and only this one, shows up in lowercase 'dvd'... all others are named the way they should be.

Any ideas on this? Maybe some cfg file somewhere which is fubar?

OK, its not a big problem ;D but is there a way to get it in uppercase?

I've even removed the user share from the webgui, renamed the actual folder to something else, rebooted, renamed the folder back to DVD, re-created the user share in the webgui, looked in explorer and... it showed up in lowercase again :-\

• 2 months later...

Chances are it is more a Windows problem then an unRAID problem.  Windows probably has a cache for it similar to how it caches user credentials.  You might try "Tools>Folder Options>View>Reset Folders" and see if that makes any difference.  No other ideas currently.

I'll be darned. That actually worked! At least it did for one of my Windows PCs.

I've got the same problem and haven't been able to figure it out.  I've got a share named "TV" on unraid but on all my Windows machines it comes up as "tv".  Have tried the trick above with no luck.  This happens on the mapped drive name and if I browse to my unraid machine.  Obviously it's not a big deal so I've pretty much decided to live with it.