Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+ (updated)

Two factor is setup on the DROPBOX.COM site. It sends you a text on your phone as a second password.

Aha, okay, I can imagine this would affect the unraid-dropbox-combo as well, but still strange that the number of files downloading decreased to 12.5K items... I'll check if it can be disabled or something at the dropbox-website.

Just checked and it's not enabled at the moment... I can see there has been some activity (I'm at work at the moment)

Name Country         Most recent activity

Tower              Netherlands in the last hour

Run this and see what status it's at: /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

After working fine for months and months I moved over to a different cache drive, and it's asking i re-link unraid. I did this, but now status now states:

root@Ruby:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

Can't sync (not enough free disk space)

Syncing (1,016 files remaining)

Downloading 1,016 files...

Obviously it's stuck because of the lack of free space, but I have plenty. Where exactly is it looking to count space? The share has 800+GB free. Oddly enough I know there aren't 1000+ files to sync! should be less than 30. So something is out of sync.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling plugin, recreating share and downloading the plugin again.

I'm running latest stable release and on unraid 5.0.5

Dropbox website shows I'm using 5.8mb of 2GB

Ockingshay, I'm no expert but if you've not done it already, if I were in your position I would rename the dropboxdb directory and start the plugin fresh.  If you pointed it to the original Dropbox directory, then once you've re-linked your account, all of the files will still locally be where they were and Dropbox will go through a sync check.  Maybe something funky has happened where the local database maintaining sync with your cloud copy has got itself in some kind of twist?

Maybe worth a try perhaps.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, thanks for reply

Tried all that. Makes no sense to me. Df on /mnt/cache/Dropbox shows plenty of space...Dropbox site shows plenty of space. 

Reinstalled plugin on various disks.....very odd indeed

Edit....well after deleting a plethora of things, and rebooting again, it's working fine now. Something must have been left over from a previous install causing issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, trying Dropbox x64 plugin and here's my issue:

root@minitower:/mnt/disk1# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

Dropbox isn't running!

root@minitower:/mnt/disk1# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox start

Dropbox daemon already running!

Dropbox isn't running!

root@minitower:/mnt/disk1# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox stop

Stopping Dropbox...

/etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox: line 46: kill: (3470) - No such process

... OK

root@minitower:/mnt/disk1# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox start

Starting Dropbox...

... OK

Dropbox isn't running!

Never was able to link my DB account via the webGUI either.  This is on a fresh build of unRAID 6-beta4...

Two factor is setup on the DROPBOX.COM site. It sends you a text on your phone as a second password.

Aha, okay, I can imagine this would affect the unraid-dropbox-combo as well, but still strange that the number of files downloading decreased to 12.5K items... I'll check if it can be disabled or something at the dropbox-website.

Just checked and it's not enabled at the moment... I can see there has been some activity (I'm at work at the moment)

Name Country         Most recent activity

Tower              Netherlands in the last hour

Run this and see what status it's at: /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

After working fine for months and months I moved over to a different cache drive, and it's asking i re-link unraid. I did this, but now status now states:

root@Ruby:~# /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

Syncing (1,016 files remaining)

Downloading 1,016 files...

Obviously it's stuck because of the lack of free space, but I have plenty. Where exactly is it looking to count space? The share has 800+GB free. Oddly enough I know there aren't 1000+ files to sync! should be less than 30. So something is out of sync.

I've tried rebooting, reinstalling plugin, recreating share and downloading the plugin again.

I'm running latest stable release and on unraid 5.0.5

Dropbox website shows I'm using 5.8mb of 2GB

Ockingshay, I'm no expert but if you've not done it already, if I were in your position I would rename the dropboxdb directory and start the plugin fresh.  If you pointed it to the original Dropbox directory, then once you've re-linked your account, all of the files will still locally be where they were and Dropbox will go through a sync check.  Maybe something funky has happened where the local database maintaining sync with your cloud copy has got itself in some kind of twist?

Maybe worth a try perhaps.

the same thing had happened to me today.. apparently, there's a Dropbox folder in /usr/local/Dropbox with all my folder in dropbox server sync'ed there.

I dont know if this is the correct solution, but I stop dropbox plugin, rsync /usr/local/Dropbox back to /mnt/user/Dropbox and symlink'ed it. After I start the dropbox plugin again, finally the plugin sync perfectly.

Hallo everybody. I' m new to unraid and i' m trying to evaluate if it will be my permanent server. I use unraid 5.0.3 with Dropbox Application Version: v2.6.20, Dropbox CLI Script Version: v1.6.1.

1. I have some folders on dropbox that don't use latin characters (actually they are named with greek characters) and they don't sync. Is there a workaround?

2. I also deleted a file from unraid DropboxDb (accessed via win7) but the file was not deleted from dropbox server. Next time i rebooted the file appeared again. Is there a way to fix this?

I tried searching but i did not find anything relevant. Please keep in mind all i know about linux is the ls and the cd commands :-)

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I think i've sorted out a few of the issue that people are having with this plugin, namely "is isn't running" and the "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)"

A lot of the new plugins nowadays are using python 2.7.3 for 32bit (unRAID 5.x) and this one uses 2.6....I changed it over to 2.7.3 and it seems to be running fine. This was the last plugin to use python 2.6, so now i'm happy to see it off my system.

secondly the no disk space is an occurrence when Dropbox in Ram does not have the necessary symlink to the specified "Dropbox data directory"

root@Ruby:/usr/local/dropbox# ls -la
total 0
drwxrwxr-x 4 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:40 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   0 2014-01-23 01:01 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-05-24 15:31 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/apps/DropboxDB/
drwxrwxr-x 7 nobody users  0 2014-03-12 23:46 .dropbox-dist/
drwx------ 5 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:40 Dropbox/

I managed to manually recreate the symlnk and then Dropbox would sync correctly:

total 0
drwxrwxr-x 3 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:52 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   0 2014-05-24 15:52 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-05-24 15:52 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/apps/DropboxDB/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 17 2014-05-24 15:52 Dropbox -> /mnt/user/Dropbox/

Hopefully this plugin can be updated, as it's particularly useful :)

I think i've sorted out a few of the issue that people are having with this plugin, namely "is isn't running" and the "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)"

A lot of the new plugins nowadays are using python 2.7.3 for 32bit (unRAID 5.x) and this one uses 2.6....I changed it over to 2.7.3 and it seems to be running fine. This was the last plugin to use python 2.6, so now i'm happy to see it off my system.

secondly the no disk space is an occurrence when Dropbox in Ram does not have the necessary symlink to the specified "Dropbox data directory"

total 0
drwxrwxr-x 4 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:40 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   0 2014-01-23 01:01 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-05-24 15:31 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/apps/DropboxDB/
drwx------ 5 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:40 Dropbox/

I managed to manually recreate the symlnk and then Dropbox would sync correctly:

total 0
drwxrwxr-x 3 nobody users  0 2014-05-24 15:52 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   0 2014-05-24 15:52 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-05-24 15:52 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/apps/DropboxDB/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 17 2014-05-24 15:52 Dropbox -> /mnt/user/Dropbox/

Hopefully this plugin can be updated, as it's particularly useful :)

Thanks Ockingshay, I definitely intend to keep this plugin alive as it's one of only two I use myself.  I'm kinda in between unRAID systems at the moment but I've just built a dev v5 and v6 system so should be able to look at updating python.  My intent is to ensure it mirrors other popular plugins which now Phaze has taken on the job of looking after SAB, Sick, Couch etc, I'll bring it in line with what he is using.  I also want to re-write the v6 version so that it uses what Tom is working towards in managing plugins.  In v6 there is an Extensions section of the webgui which can be used to install plugins and he's written 'plgman' which currently offers a basic way to see all the plugins installed as well as perform updates when they come available.  I've modified my SSH plugin to use this already, so shouldn't be too difficult to extend that to other plugins like this.  Of course, that's only useful for folks who choose to run with the v6 betas at this time.

Basically, watch this space.

so, ummm...

I really don't know the magnitude of what I'm about to ask for, but:

Is it possible to get a similar plugin for BOX.COM?

BOX performs a similar sync function...

I think the API specs are at:

https://developers.box.com/docs-overview/

I've been a HUGE user of Dropbox since it was first released...but I"m moving our company to BOX because of the Enterprise capabilitities..particularly the flexibility in user 'Permissions and access'.

I'd love to have BOX on unRAID have 'root' access to the corporate cloud 'BOX' and to constantly maintain mirrored storage of the entire cloud BOX on our internal LAN....its like having an automated backup without having to do anything. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a lot of trouble with dropbox lately, not only on unraid, but on all other machines as well (mac, ipad, windows). Dropbox didn't sync anymore. I've removed and re-installed db on all machines, including unraid, and it looks like all but unraid is working again. Unraid's db just says "Downloading 2,154 files..." after starting the service, for hours on end, and just won't update or sync... nothing happens. Also not after restarting. Any idea's?

I'm having a lot of trouble with dropbox lately, not only on unraid, but on all other machines as well (mac, ipad, windows). Dropbox didn't sync anymore. I've removed and re-installed db on all machines, including unraid, and it looks like all but unraid is working again. Unraid's db just says "Downloading 2,154 files..." after starting the service, for hours on end, and just won't update or sync... nothing happens. Also not after restarting. Any idea's?

In terminal what does status say?

/etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

It says:

Syncing (2,154 files remaining)

Downloading 2,154 files...

... weird. Dropbox is installed on the (SSD) cache drive, which has 127GB free space.

I've installed the latest plugin. If this is a symlink problem, please show me what to do, i don't know how that is done.

it means your symlink is possibly missing and it's trying to download to your usr/local directory instead of the share that you set up.

it should look something like this:

drwxr-xr-x 7 nobody users  0 2014-05-20 01:45 .dropbox-dist/

drwx------ 2 nobody users  0 2014-06-06 13:45 .dropbox-master/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 17 2014-05-24 15:52 Dropbox -> /mnt/user/Dropbox/\

in /usr/local/dropbox where .dropbox is the parameter you set in the database field in the webgui plugin and Dropbox is the data directory field in the webgui.

There is a Dropbox folder in /usr/local with some files. I've told the plugin to use the /mnt/cache/Apps, over there are 2 other folders, DropboxDB and DropboxData.

I don't know what a symlink is. How do i find out what is wrong, and better, how do i fix it?

Just deleted /usr/local/DropBox... there were some synced files in there.

Now the plugin won't start again....

*edit* started.

ls -la:

root@UNRAID:/usr/local/dropbox# ls -la

total 0

drwxrwxr-x 4 nobody users  0 2014-06-06 17:16 ./

drwxr-xr-x 8 root  root  0 2014-06-06 17:15 ../

lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-06-06 17:15 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxDB/

drwxr-xr-x 7 nobody users  0 2014-05-20 02:45 .dropbox-dist/

drwx------ 2 nobody users  0 2014-06-06 17:16 .dropbox-master/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 28 2014-06-06 17:15 Dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps//DropboxData/

Just deleted /usr/local/DropBox... there were some synced files in there.

Now the plugin won't start again....

that's because you deleted all it's files :P

you will need to run: installplg /boot/config/plugins/dropbox_overbyrn.plg

and then set it up again. Make sure the "enable dropbox service" is set to "no", change the directories and click "apply"

Then go about installing it again as per what's on the screen.

You may need to run this command to get your unique weblink to sync DB to your account: sudo -u nobody HOME=/usr/local/dropbox /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start

*edit* started.

ls -la:

total 0

lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 25 2014-06-06 17:15 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxDB/

drwxr-xr-x 7 nobody users  0 2014-05-20 02:45 .dropbox-dist/

drwx------ 2 nobody users  0 2014-06-06 17:16 .dropbox-master/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 28 2014-06-06 17:15 Dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps//DropboxData/

well there you go, should work now.... keep trying

/etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status

and it should update

Re-installed the plugin, same effect. it is downloading the dropbox contents to /usr/local/dropbox.... and it's stuck again.

Syncing (2,152 files remaining, 1 min left)

Downloading 2,152 files (2,882 KB/sec, 1 min left)

5 minutes past.... and NO data gets on the /mnt/cache/Apps/Dropbox...

Re-installed the plugin, same effect. it is downloading the dropbox contents to /usr/local/dropbox.... and it's stuck again.

what does /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status say? (you can keep hitting enter and the status should change)

and do you still have the symlink in usr/local/dropbox? Dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps//DropboxData/

what does /etc/rc.d/rc.dropbox status say? (you can keep hitting enter and the status should change)

and do you still have the symlink in usr/local/dropbox? Dropbox -> /mnt/cache/Apps//DropboxData/

Syncing (2,152 files remaining, 12 hrs left)

Downloading 2,152 files (3,093 KB/sec, 12 hrs left)

:(

total 0

drwxrwxr-x 7 nobody users  0 2014-03-13 00:46 .dropbox-dist/

drwxrwxr-x 2 nobody users  0 2014-06-06 17:16 .dropbox-master/