What are your plans for 2013?

shat

Curious what all my fellow Unraiders and geeks are planning for 2013.

I am working on an enterprise storage engine that I have been developing for two years, with no competition as of yet. Additionally going to continue trying to get my podcast I do with a buddy rolling.

As far as things I must do: quit smoking and maintain a healthy lifestyle, which is difficult when you drive a mouse for a living.

Change unraid server from nl36 hp to esxi version with 15 drive capacity (new server)

Basing it on an amd 12 core (used for doing my vmware exam) just need to change board for a 990fx for hardware pass thru

Not all will be for unraid. Will use some for exams and practice

For exams

Exhange

Lync

Itil or else start Cisco ones

So going to be a busy year!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to set up an offsite unRAID server for backup. Both sites connected with site-to-site VPN on 50/50 fiber. The plan is to use rsync to sync from site a to site b. Looking forward to get a backup of my previous data! :)

I have servers currently being backed up locally then swapped in and out by hand on a monthly basis.  A fiber connection would be nice, but for me its across town.  How far away is your offsite backup location?  What is your cost for the fiber connection?

I'm going to set up an offsite unRAID server for backup. Both sites connected with site-to-site VPN on 50/50 fiber. The plan is to use rsync to sync from site a to site b. Looking forward to get a backup of my previous data! :)

I have servers currently being backed up locally then swapped in and out by hand on a monthly basis.  A fiber connection would be nice, but for me its across town.  How far away is your offsite backup location?  What is your cost for the fiber connection?

I guess the distance is approximately 50 km. I don't know the costs yet but I guesstimate ~100 € / month for each site. We will be up and running on fibre in March. :)

Graduate,work hard and start to pay back student loans.

On the geek side of things, set up the second hp n40l microserver I picked up cheap on craigslist to backup the first n40l which I have unraid running on.

Splurged a bit on a epson perfection V700 photo scanner. Have around 45 years worth of pictures/negatives from bdays, vacations, parties, and other events to scan. Somehow the project started small with me just wanting to get good quality scans of a few older pictures/negatives that were from the 1970's. Snowballed into going through and trying to organize everything from the immediate family. Eats up a fair bit of time, which I don't have much free of. Plan to spend at least a weekend each month working on the project. Been mostly scanning the picture/negatives, and correcting the images, then organize them into folders.  Memories and events are fading from everyone's minds, so ideally trying to label who everyone is in the pictures as well. Not sure what program to use for this yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Get a job. Self-employed now, bores me and not enough work to pay the bills in the long run.

2. Get 700 dvds on disk and get a player setup that works both for me and my 3yo girl. Advice appreciated in other thread.

3. Deadlift 180 kg 1x3, Squat 180 kg 1x3, Bench 100 kg 1x5, Press 60 kg 1x5 The more, the merrier.

/Lars Olof