[RESOLVED, but not solved] SAB & SB almost working together

With thanks to prostuff1, I've got both SABnzbd and SickBeard installed on my 4.7 server. SB is finding shows to download and passing them off to SAB. Unfortunately, SAB is not properly passing the buck back to SB.  I'm having trouble getting the autoProcessTV.cfg edited. In a PuTTy session, "ls -la" shows the file name in green, with a "*" as the last character. Somehow, this "*" character seems to be preventing SAMBA from showing this file on my WinXP machine, so I can't pull it up there to edit it, and I don't remember enough about vi to do it in the shell.  (I'll do some googling, but a few pointers here wouldn't be ignored.)

Also, I'm not exactly sure what changes need to be made to autoProcessTV.cfg. Here is the contents of my file:

[sickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8081
username=
password=
web_root=
ssl=0

I haven't set a user/pwd in SAB, so there shouldn't be anything to change there (or is this my unRAID user/pwd?).

I believe the web_root needs to be changed, but looking through autoProcessTV.py, it looks like this is pre-pended to a path that I don't think exists on my machine, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

I've looked through the SB & SAB help, but it seems a bit sparse, and I haven't been able to make heads or tails of it yet, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

FreeMan

EDIT: I meant to include this: It's the error message from SAB when it finished downloading a show:

Loading config from /mnt/disk/extra/.sabnzbd/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://localhost:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=How.We.Invented.the.World.S01E02.Skyscrapers.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fuser%2Ftv%2FHow.We.Invented.the.World.S01E02.Skyscrapers.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP
Unable to open URL:  [Errno socket error] [Errno 111] Connection refused

The URL listed here is the one that I don't think exists, yet the web_root parameter only seems to pre-pend more info to it.

I'm sure it's simple, and I'm just being dense today.

TIA!

Thanks for the mc tip.

I've put the 0.0.0.0 in both the SAB setup as per my previous post, and with your tip it's in the autoProcessTV.cfg, and still, I get this error:

Opening URL: http://0.0.0.0:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=How.We.Invented.the.World.S01E02.Skyscrapers.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fuser%2FTV%2FHow.We.Invented.the.World.S01E02.Skyscrapers.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP.2

Now, though, the URL that it's attempting to open has changed from localhost to 0.0.0.0

I don't think the issue is in the http://0.0.0.0:8080 portion, I think it's in the pathing after that. I don't have any directory structure resembling "/home/postprocess" unless this is somewhere that the web_root parameter is supposed to be pointing at, and I don't have that set right.

I'm open to more suggestions. Need to see more configuration info?

This is odd...

The newest episode of Top Gear (UK) was downloaded today, and I got an error. I've got all 18 previous seasons, and let SB scrape them into its database.

I added "How It's Made" as a  new show today directly in SB, and it executed the post-processing scripts without error, giving this as the log:

Opening URL: http://0.0.0.0:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=How.Its.Made.S19E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fuser%2FTV%2FHow.Its.Made.S19E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KNiFESHARP

<html>

<head>

<script type="text/javascript">

<!--

location.href = "http://localhost:8081/sabnzbd"

//-->

</script>

</head>

<body><br/></body>

</html>

Unfortunately, it didn't actually move the episodes into the proper show/season folder structure.

I think I'm making progress here, but I'm not sure where to go next. What configurations would someone need to see in order to figure out what's going on and what I've missed?

TIA

Nope, that wasn't it.

I've had SB download several shows over the last few days, and they all end up in /mnt/user/TV, instead of /mnt/user/TV/<show>/Season xx

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I really don't even know where to look. Any other suggestions? Any other bits of config info that would be helpful for someone who knew what he was doing?

TIA!

Nope, that wasn't it.

Yes it was. If this was wrong, you would get errors. You have to understand what both apps do; sickbeard finds an episode, gets the nzb, and sends it to sabnzbd (this is why sickbeard needs to know where sab is). Sab then downloads, and reports back to sickbeard that it has finished (this is why sab needs to know where sickbeard is). Sickbeard then updates the status of the episode to 'downloaded'.

Your problem is postprocessing. Depending on what you did, either sab or sickbeard will postprocess the downloaded episode. Each has is advantages, IMHO neither does a good job... you can instruct sabnzbd to do the postprocessing, so it places the file in the right folder. Look at the config section on how to do this. Problem with sabnzbd is that it will only do that, it can not rename the episode. In 99% of the episodes, the actual episode title is missing. Sab can not add this, sickbeard can. Problem is, sicbeard does not only add the episode title, it totally removes all of the original info in the filename... e.g. House.S01E03.WEB-DL.H264.DD51.mkv will be unchanged by sabnzbd, but will be renamed by sickbeard to 'House.S01E03.Angry Weird Doctor.mkv, removing designators like source, soundformat, encoding etc.

Anyway, YOUR problem is that you have to adapt the post processing format in either sickbeard or sab, so either one of them will use the right folder.

I've chosen to do the post processing in sabnzbd, using a custom script i built... so the episode not only gets placed in the right folder, but it wil also be renamed in a proper way, adding the episode title and leaving the other info. Actually i'm re-arranging and standardizing the other designators :) but i also search for a subtitle, and a lot of other things. But, this is a custom script.

Thanks for the explanation, jowi. Unfortunately, I am getting errors. This is the contents of the log that is produced & displayed by SAB:

Opening URL: http://0.0.0.0:8082/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=Top.Gear.US.S03E08.REAL.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD.nzb.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fuser%2FTV%2FTop.Gear.US.S03E08.REAL.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD.nzb

Is this URL: http://0.0.0.0:8082/home/postprocess/processEpisode something internal to SB? I don't have a /home/postprocess directory structure anywhere that I've been able to turn up.

Based on your earlier suggestion (28 Jan), I changed the port to 8082, which is where SB is running. My post back on 27 Jan shows the error message I received when I had it pointed to port 8081, which is where SAB is running. I'm obviously not the expert here, but the port 8081 error looks like it's making more progress than the port 8082 error message.

I'm attaching screen shots of my SAB & SB post processing setups. As you can see, I'm not using SAB for post processing (pretty snazzy arrows for MS Paint, don't you think? ;)), and I am using SB. My guess is that something is not set properly in SB, but I don't know what - it all looks reasonable to me. I'm also including my autoProcessTV.cfg file, even though it's pretty basic, just in case you see anything wrong in there.

I really appreciate any help you can offer, I'm flummoxed. It's not a major catastrophe having to manually move the files around, but it'd sure be nice not to have to.

SAB_Post-processing.PNG.8c558bb01e032f1044cde31dbbd77406.PNG

SB_Post-processing.PNG.d15504b25bde112515ec3fa06597d977.PNG

autoProcessTV.cfg

Your autoprocesstv.cfg is wrong - if sickbeard is running on 8082, you need to change the port in there to 8082.  The .cfg is all about where SICKBEARD is running from, not sab.  Change 0.0.0.0 back to localhost - 0.0.0.0 can be used in Sab to specify that it will bind to any IP addresses on the machine it is installed on, but I don't believe it will work in the .cfg file.

Also ensure that in Sab, under folders, the Post processing scripts folder option points to the folder containing your autoprocesstv.cfg - if that is the case, on any downloads with a category of 'tv' (assuming you use categories), the dropdown option for post processing scripts should let you choose from sabtosickbeard.py and several others. (You've probably got this bit right, just double checking.)

Thanks, Beta. I've made the change to autoProcessTV.cfg. I did have the SAB settings correct, but it was worth double checking. I'll report back as soon as my next show downloads.

It never was clear to me whether the settings in autoProcessTV.cfg were looking from SAB or SB's perspective, so that info helped.

FreeMan

Your sabtosick script isnt' working so the only thing I can conclude is that you have set sab to download the completed TV files into /mnt/user/TV. If yes, don't do that. Use a temporary download directory (standard is the Downloads directory inside the sab application directory) and the files will be moved from there to the final location.

You have the catagory in sb set to something like "tv" and a "tv" catagory in sab setup which says save the files to a tv directory and to use the sabtosick script? When you download a tv show the nzb downloading line in sab should show the catagory as tv and the post processing as sabtosick. You can use tv or television or tele or whatever you want to call it for the catagory but both sb and sab have to be the same or it won't work.

Also, I'm pretty sure you want to delete the directory location at the top of the sb post processing screen. I can double check tonight.

Thanks, Lionel.

Here are shots of the relevant SAB setups. I believe I've got them correct. /mnt/disk/extra is an old 320GB PATA drive I had laying around, so I figured this would be a good use for it - especially since SATA ports are at a premium in my ultra-cheap-leftovers build.  :)

SAB_config_2.PNG.76d7225ff6e84b4c1b1768bf685f2413.PNG

SAB_config_3.PNG.b1b6f62cfd185b08d31d98f3949d7c4f.PNG

You have failed at entering paths.

You've got sb pointed to /mnt/disk/extra/.sabnzbd/complete and sab putting the completed downloads into  /mnt/user/TV

Make the directory for the sab tv category simply TV, nothing more.

Make the download directory in sb empty. Read the text - it clearly says to not use it in your application.

Put host = localhost and port = the port you use to connect to sb into the config file. If you use /tower/8082 to connect to sb then put 8082 in the file. If you have a username and/or password on sb then put those into the config file too.

Make sure the config file is in the same directory as the sabtosick script.

Seriously, this shouldn't be so hard.

Starting with a stock install this is all I've ever done to make the post processing work;

remove the .sample off the config file name

edit the config file and put in the port sb is on

in sb set the category to tv

in sab, pointed the scripts directory to the sb script location

in sab, setup the category tv with it set to sabtosick and TV for the directory.

thanks, you're right, it shouldn't be this difficult, but some days...

I had the full path in SB because I though I wasn't using SAB for any post processing. My understanding was that SAB would get the file, then tell SB to do its thing. I guess the SABtoSick script is considered SAB's post-processing. I hadn't looked at it from that angle.

Thanks for your help. I believe that I've now got it configured correctly, and I'll find out tomorrow evening when my next show is on. (One of the drawbacks, I suppose of not watching a lot of current TV - long waits between new shows...)

Ugh, still not quite there yet. This is the error I received from SAB when it attempted to post-process:

Opening URL: http://localhost:8082/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=The.Genius.Of.Invention.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.nzb.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2Fmnt%2Fdisk%2Fextra%2F.sabnzbd%2Fcomplete%2FTV%2FThe.Genius.Of.Invention.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.nzb

I think the key is Connection refused, but I haven't the foggiest where to go to allow the connection.

Here's my autoProcessTV.cfg:

[sickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8082
username=<userID>
password=<Password>
web_root=
ssl=0

SAB config screen shot is attached.

I'm now getting my show downloaded to (relative to my Windoze machine):

\\nas\extra\.sabnzbd\complete\TV\_UNKNOWN_The.Genius.Of.Invention.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.nzb

which is where the MKV is located. After processing I also get:

\\nas\extra\.sabnzbd\complete\TV\The.Genius.Of.Invention.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.nzb

which contains the NFO, SRR & SFV files.

Previously, I had been getting my show downloaded to:

\\nas\TV\The.Genius.Of.Invention.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-FTP.nzb

which was closer to the desired destination of:

\\nas\TV\The Genius Of Invention\Season 01

Do I need to enable series sorting in SAB? (See 2nd screen shot.)  I'm thinking not, since it's using the sabToSickBeard.py script in the categories page. Thought I'd bring this up, just to make sure I wasn't missing something critical.

Yes, I realize this shouldn't be this difficult, but none of the thin instructions on the SB site made enough sense to me to get this figured out from there. I do appreciate everyone's help here.

SAB_config_3.PNG.11d2b621da1ff0ca1337465dbf52bd6f.PNG

SAB_config_4.PNG.4a36bb7f31f3195bce01a3e3596390da.PNG

Do you actually have a username/password set up in sickbeard?  It's not really necessary if you don't expose these boxes to the internet.  If not, get rid of anything after username= and password= in the autoprocesstv.cfg file.. that's the only thing I can think of, as that would result in a connection refused.

Could you add screenshots of the Sabnzbd general and folders tab, and from sickbeard, the search settings and post processing tab.  I know you've added some of these before, but I'd like to be sure we're working with the latest versions.  Should be easy enough to sort from there.

Thanks again, Beta.

Yes, I do have a user/pwd on SAB. I'm using madDog on my android phone to be able to remotely monitor things, so I've put a pretty long pwd on it.

No problem re-doing the screen shots, I appreciate all the help I can get!

I realized that on the SB Search screen, I don't have my SAB user name entered, though the pwd is there. It works OK, (note the red arrow pointing at the test results), so I'm assuming that it just uses the API key to get access.

SAB_config_General.PNG.0ab458ace1cef2c92f7354f2f01f7dbd.PNG

SAB_config_folders.PNG.08e984a08f8f6d6dd68b82480feb4ccc.PNG

SB_Search2.png.c7bfdb148602371ac6941ff386203c2b.png

SB_Post-processing2.png.3face580733737a0f7682d94a42e7c15.png

I'd also get rid of the 'move associated files' on the sickbeard post processing tab - up to you of course, but it looks like you have XBMC metadata selected at the bottom of that screen, which will add .nfo and .tbn anyways.. don't need all that other rubbish.

Other than that, get rid of the user/pw in autoprocessTV and you should be gtg.