SNAP Plugin updated for unRAID Version 5.0

I can't get snap to work. I see it in my web gui but it doesn't show my usb drives. How do I mount them? I didn't see a tutorial or anything and most my searches show old versions.

Be sure you don't have an older version of SNAP.

Do any drives show in the SNAP page?

To mount, Right click on a drive in the SNAP Page and you'll see the options.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't get snap to work. I see it in my web gui but it doesn't show my usb drives. How do I mount them? I didn't see a tutorial or anything and most my searches show old versions.

Be sure you don't have an older version of SNAP.

Do any drives show in the SNAP page?

To mount, Right click on a drive in the SNAP Page and you'll see the options.

Also make sure that your filesystem on that drive is supported by SNAP!

I just installed SNAP today on unRAID 5.0.4, and everything seems to be working fine. I have an external USB enclosure with a 320GB drive in it that I use to back up new TV shows for my parents (and an identical one for my sister, but obviously different SN on the drive). I got SNAP configured and it is working 100% for the first USB drive. I then plugged in my second drive, and SNAP seemed to see it as the exact same drive. Once I plugged in the second drive, it immediately started running the copy code in the hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh file; I didn't even have a chance to configure the second drive. Let me know if I need to provide additional information.

I just installed SNAP today on unRAID 5.0.4, and everything seems to be working fine. I have an external USB enclosure with a 320GB drive in it that I use to back up new TV shows for my parents (and an identical one for my sister, but obviously different SN on the drive). I got SNAP configured and it is working 100% for the first USB drive. I then plugged in my second drive, and SNAP seemed to see it as the exact same drive. Once I plugged in the second drive, it immediately started running the copy code in the hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh file; I didn't even have a chance to configure the second drive. Let me know if I need to provide additional information.

Sounds like your hottPlugAfterShareEvent.sh script is not set up properly and all hotplug events are executing the same code.  Watch the case syntax.  Put a debug log statement in the script to see if the code is being executed on all hotplug events.

Sounds like your hottPlugAfterShareEvent.sh script is not set up properly and all hotplug events are executing the same code.  Watch the case syntax.  Put a debug log statement in the script to see if the code is being executed on all hotplug events.

After doing a bit of poking around, I think it's actually the external enclosure. There's a thread about a MicroSD USB adapter that some folks use in place of a flash drive for booting their system. The newer model doesn't generate a unique GUID for each different MicroSD, but the older model does. I'm thinking this is a similar issue... the external enclosures I have, for some reason, don't pass the SN of the drive itself through to unRAID. It looks like the enclosures have the same SN on them, or at least whatever gets passed to unRAID is the same (if that makes sense; I could be wrong).

As far as the script goes, I did the same as zarfx4, just replaced "Lexar" with my own share name and pointed it to a different folder for the rsync. I've got another enclosure on order; if I remember, I'll update this thread with results.

Thanks for the quick reply!

After doing a bit of poking around, I think it's actually the external enclosure. There's a thread about a MicroSD USB adapter that some folks use in place of a flash drive for booting their system. The newer model doesn't generate a unique GUID for each different MicroSD, but the older model does. I'm thinking this is a similar issue... the external enclosures I have, for some reason, don't pass the SN of the drive itself through to unRAID. It looks like the enclosures have the same SN on them, or at least whatever gets passed to unRAID is the same (if that makes sense; I could be wrong).

As far as the script goes, I did the same as zarfx4, just replaced "Lexar" with my own share name and pointed it to a different folder for the rsync. I've got another enclosure on order; if I remember, I'll update this thread with results.

Thanks for the quick reply!

That would do it.  SNAP relies on unique serial numbers.

Is there any way to change the ownership of the mounted drives? I've tried the usual "chown" but it doesn't seem to do anything, no matter what I do all files and folders stay as the default root:root ownership. I can't get plugins to run on the drive (i.e. data directories) unless I modify their scripts to run using root, which is a pain when every time the server is rebooted the plugins reinstall themselves making me have to do the whole process again :S

Is there any way to change the ownership of the mounted drives? I've tried the usual "chown" but it doesn't seem to do anything, no matter what I do all files and folders stay as the default root:root ownership. I can't get plugins to run on the drive (i.e. data directories) unless I modify their scripts to run using root, which is a pain when every time the server is rebooted the plugins reinstall themselves making me have to do the whole process again :S

What format is the drive partition?

It used to be vFat but I just recently formatted it to NTFS hoping it'd fix the problem under the assumption you can't change file permissions in vFat.

I've downloaded and installed the ntfs-3g plugin too, btw.

It used to be vFat but I just recently formatted it to NTFS hoping it'd fix the problem under the assumption you can't change file permissions in vFat.

I've downloaded and installed the ntfs-3g plugin too, btw.

The ntfs-3g driver has some advanced feature limitations.  You might be better off with the partition formatted reiserfs.  This would give you full control over permissions and may alleviate the permission problem you are experiencing with the plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

A new version of SNAP is available.  USB drives were not recognized by SNAP as hot plugged on unRAID V6.  SNAP was modified to fix this issue, and one of the benefits is that any hot pluggable drive should now be recognized by SNAP.  SNAP depends on unRAID to recognize the drive when hot plugged.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank Dlandon for this plugin!

I did an upgrade to the plugin and it does not look like its working correctly. My interface changed to this...

CWIX5in.png

I no longer see the list of hard drives (including array drives). I do not use Dynamix's Web interface. If its not meant to work without Dynamix Web Plugin, can I go back to the earlier version?

Many thanks,

Hernando

I did an upgrade to the plugin and it does not look like its working correctly. My interface changed to this...

CWIX5in.png

I no longer see the list of hard drives (including array drives). I do not use Dynamix's Web interface. If its not meant to work without Dynamix Web Plugin, can I go back to the earlier version?

Many thanks,

Hernando

Clear your browser cache.

Many thanks,

Hernando

Thank you. Unfortunately, no luck. I cleared my cache in Chrome. I also tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and IE; and I get the same screen as above.

In addition, I also erase the plg and folder from the /boot/config/plugins folder. I re-installed it w/ the wget command and I rebooted the unRAID server. Sadly I get the same thing.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Or even just getting the older version of the plugin would be a huge help.

Thanks,

H.

I've removed SNAP, reboot, reinstalled with same result. Used several different browsers with the same result. Removed.

I'll check it on my test machine and see what is going on. There are different style sheets and it looks like it can't find the one it needs for 5.x.

Many thanks,

Hernando

Thank you. Unfortunately, no luck. I cleared my cache in Chrome. I also tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and IE; and I get the same screen as above.

In addition, I also erase the plg and folder from the /boot/config/plugins folder. I re-installed it w/ the wget command and I rebooted the unRAID server. Sadly I get the same thing.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Or even just getting the older version of the plugin would be a huge help.

Thanks,

H.

Ok. It's fixed. Reinstall SNAP and it will solve the problem.