SNAP Plugin updated for unRAID Version 5.0

I'm working on building an unraid media server for use with xbmc. I've also got an oldish Drobo 2nd gen 4 bay that will still be in use for the same purpose. I'm wondering if I can connect the Drobo to my unraid using SNAP and be able to set everything up as a single share?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USB extension cable support?

My server is in my attic and I often want to connect a USB drive to my server to share larger files with someone directly to USB external harddrive. To save me always climbing into my attic; I have bought 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5M-USB-Active-Repeater-Cable-Extension-Lead-for-Computer-Plug-Socket-Extender-/180749053359?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item2a157badaf

They work perfectly connecting my USB drive to my windows laptop but the drive is not picked up by SNAP when connected. Anything I can do to make this work?

Any logs you may require will be gladly provided!!

Thanks for the continued support of this plugin dlandon!

Thanks,

The Capt.

• 3 weeks later...

Running the x64 SNAP plugin on unraid v6 beta3. I'm having an issue with a drive mounted with SNAP that I can't read from my Windows machine properly. I partitioned and formatted the drive to reiserFS and then chose 'mount and share' in SNAP. The drive works great in my box, I can telnet in and the drive is mounted correctly. However in my Windows machine the share shows up but the folder is empty even though I can see otherwise when I telnet in (It has my Plex installation on it). And now when I right click on the drive in SNAP all the options are greyed out except for 'refresh status' and 'delete share name', so I can't unmount or unshare it from there anymore (screenshot here). Anyone have any ideas?

Running the x64 SNAP plugin on unraid v6 beta3. I'm having an issue with a drive mounted with SNAP that I can't read from my Windows machine properly. I partitioned and formatted the drive to reiserFS and then chose 'mount and share' in SNAP. The drive works great in my box, I can telnet in and the drive is mounted correctly. However in my Windows machine the share shows up but the folder is empty even though I can see otherwise when I telnet in (It has my Plex installation on it). And now when I right click on the drive in SNAP all the options are greyed out except for 'refresh status' and 'delete share name', so I can't unmount or unshare it from there anymore (screenshot here). Anyone have any ideas?

You can't unmount it because it is busy and the unmount option is grayed out because of being busy.

Odd thing is, it suddenly started working for no reason. I've restarted the server, reinstalled SNAP multiple times, everything, and out the blue the drive contents suddenly appeared in Windows explorer. No idea why it wasn't working for 2 days.

Probably not related to SNAP but it seems the drive is never idle so that I can unmount it. I've disabled the Plex server, removed anything that could be accessing the drive, closed all terminals and windows pointed to it but no dice. Even when I can hear the drive is idle SNAP still says it's busy. Not a showstopping bug though, as I can just restart the server.

Probably not related to SNAP but it seems the drive is never idle so that I can unmount it. I've disabled the Plex server, removed anything that could be accessing the drive, closed all terminals and windows pointed to it but no dice. Even when I can hear the drive is idle SNAP still says it's busy. Not a showstopping bug though, as I can just restart the server.

Having to reboot would seem like a showstopper to me. You can see what processes are accessing the drive with

fuser -mv /mnt/disk/Apps

Having to reboot would seem like a showstopper to me. You can see what processes are accessing the drive with

fuser -mv /mnt/disk/Apps

Thanks for the help. I'm having another issue now where Windows sees the share size as 0 bytes, and so I can't copy anything over. How do I get the correct share/partition size reported?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have 2 usb drive (out of 10) that i cant access from network

drive E ntfs

I have scanned this drive in windows chkdsk and have chkdsk fixed found error. this drive have 1 partition only. i can view and browse the drive in putty from /mnt/disk/E. one thing i notice about this drive is letter E is displayed in blue with green background. the problem with this drive is there is no E when browse in explorer(from network). if i type \\Tower\E, explorer throws Windows cannot access \\Tower\E

drive H ntfs dual partition

I have scanned this drive in windows chkdsk and have chkdsk fixed found error. this drive have 2 partition that i can browse from window. i can view and browse the drive in putty from /mnt/disk/H. unlike drive E, this drive letter does not have green background. unlike drive E, i can see drive H from network but cant access it. explorer throws the same error i get when i access drive E, Windows cannot access \\Tower\H. since this drive has dual partition, i expect to see H-part2 somewhere but there are no H-part2. one thing thats odd about this drive is that snap (web) shows that this drive have vfat in its status.

what caused the problem and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Edit.

i tried to fix the problem by deleting snap folders, uninstalling/reinstalling snap, deleting share names, installing ntfs3g from snap installation instruction. the only problem solved is that now i can see drive E. new problem i have now are none of the drive is browsable in explorer. windows pop Enter network password. non snap folder can be browse without problem.

why cant i view snap drives?

thanks

I installed SNAP ver 5.19 with no issues on my new Unraid server Version 5.0.4.  Everything installed without a hitch, but when I try to access the directories on the mounted drive using snap I am getting denied permission to the drive.  I have read and reread the posts but I can't seem for the life of me to see where this was addressed when I know it was.  I gave up reading and decided to post this to see if there was a simple solution.  I am attaching a screen shot of the SNAP Shares and the error I get through my Windows machine.  Thanks and I hope I can get this to work.

hi

did you ever get this working?

this is driving me crazy.

thanks.

USB extension cable support?

My server is in my attic and I often want to connect a USB drive to my server to share larger files with someone directly to USB external harddrive. To save me always climbing into my attic; I have bought 2 of these:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5M-USB-Active-Repeater-Cable-Extension-Lead-for-Computer-Plug-Socket-Extender-/180749053359?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item2a157badaf

They work perfectly connecting my USB drive to my windows laptop but the drive is not picked up by SNAP when connected. Anything I can do to make this work?

Any logs you may require will be gladly provided!!

Thanks for the continued support of this plugin dlandon!

Thanks,

The Capt.

Did you get this working, its just what I wanted to do!?!

for those that have problem accessing snap drives where windows ask for password, make sure in your smb-extra.conf file have global settings as below

[global]

security = USER

guest account = nobody

public = yes

guest ok = yes

map to guest = bad user

for example, in my smb-extra.conf file

[global]

security = USER

guest account = nobody

public = yes

guest ok = yes

map to guest = bad user

[A]

path = /mnt/disk/A

read only = No

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble installing this, can anyone advise me what to do?

When I run: installplg snap.plg, I get the following message/error and there is no sign of the SNAP icon in simple features.

file /tmp/SnapPrepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents

/bin/bash /tmp/SnapPrepare ...

This then freezes my telnet session. I'm guessing there is a command to escape it, but I don't know it, so I have to close my telnet and reopen it. If I try to repeat I get the error that SnapPrepare already exists. If I "rm SnapPrepare" and then retry the installation, I get the same error.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having an issue when trying to access the newly created shares. I can create and mount a share (in vfat format) and everything seems to have been created fine. However, when I try and access the share on my Mac through SMB it I click it, it shows the name of the folder and the kind and it says it is a sharepoint folder. Then, when trying to access any of my other normal unraid shares, none of them come up and all say they are sharepoint shares once clicked on. This happens until I disconnect from the share and reconnect it. As long as I don't click on a SNAP share I can access my normal shares fine.

When I try and access through windows it says that I don't have permission to access the share

Drive won't 'Mount & Share' or even 'Mount Only'

I can get it to Spin Down but not having any luck to get it to do anything else.

Which .log should I grab to look at the issue?  Any tips otherwise?

It's an SSD I want to mount outside the array.  I was using jumperalex's guide before but he suggested to go this route instead.

what format do the SNAP drives need to be mounted in?

I can't seem to find that information anywhere. I've tried ext4, reiserfs, ext2 and they both won't mount. I tried ext3, and the drive mounts, but it is read only.

It should mount reiserfs and ext2, but this version does not support ext4.  ext2 and ext3 are mounted read only.

I can get it to Spin Down but not having any luck to get it to do anything else.

It's an SSD I want to mount outside the array.  I was using jumperalex's guide before but he suggested to go this route instead.

ext4 with discard is only supported with the SNAP on unRAID V6.

ext4 with discard is only supported with the SNAP on unRAID V6.

Ah, that's good to know.  Thank you, much appreciated insight.

I'll just stick to the way I had it previous until I upgrade to 6.0 stable.

• 2 weeks later...

hi dlandon,

could you help me to activate automount for exfat drives?

i installed exfat tools from piotrasd (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24850.0).

https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/fuse-exfat-1.0.0-i686-1PTr.txz

https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/exfat-utils-1.0.0-i686-1PTr.txz

i can write to a connected and manually mounted usb2.0 drive formated with exfat. i use mount -t exfat /dev/sdf1 /mnt/temp to get access.

how can snap.sh be updated to support exfat?

can you help me with that?

hi dlandon,

could you help me to activate automount for exfat drives?

i installed exfat tools from piotrasd (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24850.0).

https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/fuse-exfat-1.0.0-i686-1PTr.txz

https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/exfat-utils-1.0.0-i686-1PTr.txz

i can write to a connected and manually mounted usb2.0 drive formated with exfat. i use mount -t exfat /dev/sdf1 /mnt/temp to get access.

how can snap.sh be updated to support exfat?

can you help me with that?

I don't think it's a good idea to have SNAP mount a file format that is not supported in unRAID.  That being said, you can edit the /boot/config/plugins/snap/snap.sh script and add the exfat mount.  Look in the script for a case statement with the other file formats and you'll see how its done.  That should be all that is necessary.

This will not seem to download and i cant see where the problem might be...

root@warptower:~# cd /boot/config/plugins
root@warptower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg snap.plg
installing plugin: snap
file /tmp/SnapPrepare: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/SnapPrepare ... success
file /boot/packages/inotify-tools-3.14-i486-1.txz: already exists
  upgradepkg --install-new /boot/packages/inotify-tools-3.14-i486-1.txz ...
+==============================================================================
| Skipping package inotify-tools-3.14-i486-1 (already installed)
+==============================================================================

success
file /tmp/preSnapInstallCleanup.sh: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/preSnapInstallCleanup.sh ... success
file /tmp/prepareForSnapInstall.sh: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/prepareForSnapInstall.sh ... Error: Unable to download LatestSnapVersion information from GitHub.
success
file /tmp/SnapInstall.sh: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/SnapInstall.sh ... /tmp/SnapInstall.sh: line 14: /boot/config/plugins/snap/snap.sh: No such file or directory
success
file /etc/rc.d/rc.snap: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  successfully changed file mode
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/snap/snap.png: downloading from -q --no-check-certificate https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/master/snap.png ... bad download, deleting
root@warptower:/boot/config/plugins#
root@warptower:/boot/config/plugins#

Also tried with WGET command too...

warptower login: root

Password:

Linux 3.9.6p-unRAID.

root@warptower:~# cd /boot/config/plugins

root@warptower:/boot/config/plugins# wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/m                        aster/snap.plg

--2014-10-08 20:27:27--  https://github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/raw/master/snap.plg

Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.130

Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.130|:443... connected.

WARNING: cannot verify github.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiC                        ert SHA2 Extended Validation Server CA':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/master/snap.plg [following]

--2014-10-08 20:27:27--  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/master/snap.plg

Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)... 62.252.172.241

Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)|62.252.172.241|:443... connected.

Unable to establish SSL connection.