unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

no luck. I had already pysqlite-2.4.1-i486-1sl.tgz installed. I also removed the 0.4.7 config but no luck. I checked out the source again, but keep getting the same error:

Sorry, requires Python module sqlite3 (pysqlite2 in python2.4)

Try: apt-get install python-pysqlite2

Roland

nevermind post above.... IT WORKS!

I forgot to put hit the url with a  /sabnzbd

192.168.0.1:8686/sabnzbd  works... nice!

Almost anyway...feedparser doesn't work

Got it.  In the "go" script, you need to put a line to change directory to the feedparser directory first... like:

---------------

#Install Feedparser & start SABnzbd

[glow=red,2,300]cd /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/feedparser-4.1[/glow]

python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/feedparser-4.1/setup.py install

python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -f /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.ini -s 192.168.1.10:88

To simplify installing SABnzbd+ on an unRAID server I've made an all-one-one dependencies package. It includes every package SABnzbd+ 0.5 requires to run. Just install this on boot, download the SABnzbd+ source for linux, extract it to a folder on your server, and you're good to go with only two new lines in your startup go script file.

installpkg /PackageDirectory/SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz
python /YourSabnzbdDirectory/SABnzbd.py -d -s ServerIP:InterfacePort

To store the sabnzbd.ini file in a custom directory, for example /boot/config, add this flag: -f /boot/config/SABnzbd.ini

To pause downloading at startup add -p at the end.

SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz MD5: F3EA88B6B83BB5D10B490BDB8C6F9D1A

2.1 11-28-10 Updated par2 to the 20090203 32bit release. This fixes the failed small par2 repair issue.

2.0 09-09-10 Updated Python to 2.6.5, Sqlite3 to 3.7.0, Cheetah to 2.4.2.1, pyOpenSSL to 0.10, and Infozip to 6.0.

1.4 11-28-10 Updated par2 to fix small repairs. Legacy Python 2.5 release.

1.3 11-16-09 Updated unrar binary to 3.9.6

1.2 03-22-09 Added Feedparser

1.1 03-20-09 Updated cxxlibs package

1.0 03-20-09 Initial release

SABnzbd Dependencies (SABnzbd+ support packages bundled for unRAID)
python-2.6.5          (Programming language)
sqlite3-3.7.0         (Database engine)
Cheetah-2.4.2.1       (Template engine)
pyOpenSSL-0.10        (SSL library)
feedparser-4.1        (RSS parser)
infozip-6.0           (Un/zip binaries)
unrar-3.9.6           (Unrar binary)
par2cmdline-0.4-tbb   (Par2 multithreaded binary)
yenc-0.3              (Yenc decoder)

Additionally, here's an all-in-one package with SABnzbd 0.5.6 bundled in it: SABnzbd-0.5.6-i586-unRAID.tgz MD5: 5DE4C0543FAFEE461E5581FDA739FF48

It starts SABnzbd on http://tower:88/sabnzbd. This package isn't manually upgradable because it overwrites the SABnzbd program files every startup, but it leaves your configuration file (sabnzbd.ini) alone. I highly recommend against using this package so you don't have to depend on me to update your sabnzbd install. However, if you just want to get SABnzbd running as quickly as possible and aren't too concerned about immediately having the latest versions, then this if for you.

In this package the SABnzbd directory located at \\tower\flash\custom\usr\share\packages\sabnzbd. When unRAID 5.0 comes out, the directory might change to a more convenient location, especially if a new standard is settled on.

• 4 weeks later...

I have troubleshooting question and am posting here since this is a sabnzbd thread.  If I should post a new topic elsewhere please do tell. 

Everytime one queues is done or when it is done verifying and extracting I sabnzbd always shuts down.  I always have to reinstall it to get it working again.  In the syslog the following occurs:

Apr 15 03:56:47 Tower kernel: python[14182]: segfault at b6 ip b7e796b6 sp b66bb1b0 error 4 in libpython2.5.so.1.0[b7e0c000+10a000]

I installed Romir's AIO package.  I appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks.

Did you use the following package to install Sabnzbd on unRaid Flash?  (All-in-one package with SABnzbd 0.4.8 included: SABnzbd-0.4.8-i486-1unRAID.tgz MD5: e472a3c239a9173f8ecfeea1ac6a3dcc

It starts SABnzbd on http://tower:88/sabnzbd. This version isn't upgradable because it overwrites the SABnzbd files every startup, but it leaves the settings file (sabnzbd.ini) alone)

That's the one i used and it works great! Its listed in the a few post above these messages.

Yea I used the AIO package.  Anyways I figured out how to make it so I can upgrade sab in the future but not the dependencies, so I have to rely on the dependency package for the future unless it gets upgraded again.  I realized I only get that error when I try to change certain config settings when sab is unpacking/downloading.  Thanks.

What did you do? I would like to able to upgrade mine as well email with instructions if you can.

Thanks

Just read Romir's install script that's what I did.  Download the newest sabnzbd+.  Extract the files somewhere on your flash such as /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd.  Download Romir's dependencies package and edit your go script:

# Install SABnzbd dependecies
installpkg /boot/packages/SABnzbdDependencies-1.2-i486-unRAID.tgz
#Find local IP and start SABnzbd on it
IP=`ifconfig eth0 | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}'`
python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s $IP:88

That or wherever you place your items sab/packages.  I got the info from Romir's AIO package script.  This way I can upgrade sabnzbd in the future when a new version comes out.  I have not figured out how to upgrade any of the extensions such as unrar, yenc, etc. when new versions are released so I have to depend on the dependencies package.

First of all, thanks to markus101 for showing us this could be done. This guide has been made so the commands can be copy and pasted into Putty. Only the "go" file needs to be manually edited. I've tested these steps on a stock unraid system running 4.4 and had Sabnzbd+ up and running in minutes.

tar -xzf par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32.tar.gz

t would still be a good idea to run a parity check after restarting the sever.

I am getting errors when I do this:

root@Tower:/boot/custom/usr/share/packages# tar -xzf par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32.tar.gz

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32/COPYING: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32/libtbb.so: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32/libtbb.so.2: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32/par2: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32/README_FIRST.txt: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: par2cmdline-0.4-tbb-20081005-lin32: Cannot change ownership to uid 501, gid 501: Operation not permitted

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

I ignored the error for now. I see the ps -ef |grep SAB shows it is running...

root      2694    1  0 22:19 ?        00:00:00 python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -f /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.ini -s 192.168.1.55:9090

But nothing comes up when I http to it. Thoughts?

This works great on my xp machine. My install was the step by step install not the combined package one, as  like the ability to easily upgrade.

Isn't port 9090 the default https port? There might be a conflict there, I don't know.

When you say nothing comes up, do you mean it doesn't respond?

Edit: The dependency package should be good to go for quite a while. None of the utilities have been updated in a long time, and even if they were, the updated versions could be copied over in the next line. Only the cxxlibs will probably be updated in the short term, and IIRC unRAID 4.5 is going to have a version build in. It won't need to be part of the package then, and having the latest version won't be required anyway.

The packages aren't hard to update either. Install pkgtools, extract the package tgz to a new directory, update or change whatever files you want, and run makepkg in the directory.

• 2 months later...

I'm running 0.5 alpha 5 at the moment (you need to add in a mysql package). Haven't noticed any stuttering or slow down while unzipping, over the past few months of use, streaming xvid's to my 360 mostly.

AMD 3800+ x2 with 2GB of RAM (Even with 1GB RAM + 1GB SWAP I never noticed any issues).

-Markus