unRAID with SABnzbd

Here's what I add to my /boot/config/go script to make sure things get started 30 seconds after the array:

# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

###############################################
# Programs that depend on the array go here!  #
###############################################

# sleep for 30 seconds before we do anything, just to make sure the array has started.
echo "Waiting 30s for array to start..."
sleep 30s

# Start sabnzbd
echo "Starting SABnzbd. Please wait..."
python /boot/custom/opt/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -f /boot/custom/etc/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

It will add an extra 30 seconds to your bootup time, but this makes sure that things get started after the array has fully come online.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SAB apparantly likes to do some reading and writing, so my cache disk never goes to sleep.

I noticed this too when I first switched to sabnzbd.  If you don't care that your drive is always spun up then you can ignore this, but it bothered me so I had to find a solution.  I tracked it down to the "watch folder" feature.  If I don't use that feature it doesn't keep my disk spun up.  For me I got around the problem by not using watch folders and instead using the firefox addon nzbdstatus which sends nzb's I download directly to the sabnzbd w/o me having to drop them into a watch folder.  I've found it to be much more convenient than watch folders anyway.  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7617

SAB apparantly likes to do some reading and writing, so my cache disk never goes to sleep.

I noticed this too when I first switched to sabnzbd.   If you don't care that your drive is always spun up then you can ignore this, but it bothered me so I had to find a solution.  I tracked it down to the "watch folder" feature.  If I don't use that feature it doesn't keep my disk spun up.  For me I got around the problem by not using watch folders and instead using the firefox addon nzbdstatus which sends nzb's I download directly to the sabnzbd w/o me having to drop them into a watch folder.  I've found it to be much more convenient than watch folders anyway.  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7617

And for OSX you have SabnzbdX, a great little app which runs in the background. You can add multiple NZB servers and select which server to upload the NZB to. Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

SABnzbd 0.5.0 beta 1 is out and ready for download. You can download the source package, extract it to a location on your USB drive and start with it with

python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd5/SABnzbd.py -d -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:yyy

Replace the

xxx

with your IP address and

yyy

the port you would SabNZBd to start on. New in 0.5.0 is the ability to have access through https.

Works like a charm on my unRAID box (with all folders located on my cache drive).

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much as simple as that.  Below is what I have in my go script.  Replace the ip with your unraid machines ip and use whatever port you want. 

installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-1.3-i486-unRAID.tgz

python /boot/custom/SABnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.100:9090

Once it's started you can access it via a web browser with the url:

http://192.168.1.100:9090/sabnzbd/ '>http://192.168.1.100:9090/sabnzbd/  (again, this is my unraid ip and the port number I specified in the go script)

Starting with sabnzbd 0.5.0 (beta) you no longer need the trailing /sabnzbd/ and can access the web interface via

http://192.168.1.100:9090/

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded all the files and the gui interface comes up fine. ;D

In the configuration area under Config / Folders, I am trying to setup the SABdirectories complete to be on my disk1(hda) of the Unraid array.

I tried several approaches - /mnt/user/SABdownloads/complete  but no directories appear

Could someone provide me with the correct info to put the Sabdirectory complete to show up in my disk1 of my unRaid array...

Thanks..

Joe

I've never been able to get sab to properly start with the go script.

I started with this:

python /boot/packages/SABnzbdBETA/SABnzbd.py -d -s 10.10.1.122:888

I tried this:

python /boot/packages/SABnzbdBETA/SABnzbd.py -d -s 10.10.1.122:888| at now + 1 minute

and it never starts. I have to log in with putty and paste that exact same line, and it works fine. When it's called from the go script, the process will be running, but the website is not accessible.

I've never been able to get sab to properly start with the go script.

I started with this:

python /boot/packages/SABnzbdBETA/SABnzbd.py -d -s 10.10.1.122:888

I tried this:

python /boot/packages/SABnzbdBETA/SABnzbd.py -d -s 10.10.1.122:888| at now + 1 minute

You would need to type the following in the "go" script.  You are missing the "echo" part of submitting the command to "at"

echo "python /boot/packages/SABnzbdBETA/SABnzbd.py -d -s 10.10.1.122:888" | at now + 1 minute

for the python command to be submitted to the "at" command for execution.  Without the echo "command" nothing was submitted to "at"

(Now, I have no idea if it will start, but at least you will give it a chance by invoking it)

Joe L.

Whenever I go to RSS feeds preview or force download, I get this?

Could bubba raid be interfering, even though all other menu options are working?

500 Internal error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cphttptools.py", line 126, in _run

applyFilters('before_finalize')

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/cherrypy/filters/__init__.py", line 151, in applyFilters

method()

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 249, in beforeFinalize

**rsrc.callable_kwargs)

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 1847, in download_rss_feed

return ShowRssLog(feed, False)

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 2323, in ShowRssLog

names.sort(lambda x, y: int(jobs[y][6]*100.0 - jobs[x][6]*100.0))

File "/boot/custom/usr/share/packages/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 2323, in <lambda>

names.sort(lambda x, y: int(jobs[y][6]*100.0 - jobs[x][6]*100.0))

KeyError: 6

I seem to be getting a lot more failed downloads running SABnzbd on UnRaid rather than Windows. It could just be the size of the files and the age of the NZB, but I was able to download the 'missing' Rars with no problem. I'm not running a Cache disk, if that makes a difference. Probably a coincidence, but I thought I'd ask.

I seem to be getting a lot more failed downloads running SABnzbd on UnRaid rather than Windows. It could just be the size of the files and the age of the NZB, but I was able to download the 'missing' Rars with no problem. I'm not running a Cache disk, if that makes a difference. Probably a coincidence, but I thought I'd ask.

I was getting quite a few fails with version 0.4.11 but I updated to 0.5.0 beta 4 and also to version 1.3 of the SABnzbdDependencies and I rarely get fails now. The fails I was having with 0.4.11 seemed to be related to CRC issues with some parts and then the inability of SABnzbd to properly repair them automatically (though I could repair them manually using another program). Not sure if that's the same problem you are having.

I can't see how having a cache (or not) would matter.

I was getting quite a few fails with version 0.4.11 but I updated to 0.5.0 beta 4 and also to version 1.3 of the SABnzbdDependencies and I rarely get fails now. The fails I was having with 0.4.11 seemed to be related to CRC issues with some parts and then the inability of SABnzbd to properly repair them automatically (though I could repair them manually using another program). Not sure if that's the same problem you are having.

I can't see how having a cache (or not) would matter.

Running .4.12 with 1.3 Dependencies. Definitely seems to be crapping out on the Pars, although I'm getting 'Archive probably encrypted' from UnRar too. I was able to repair all the DLs except one with QuickPAR; I had to DL a few extra RARs to fix that one. I don't seem to get these issues in Windows (at least not as often), but I was being a little greedy that day. It's like there's something a little hinky about the setup. I will try .5 RSN, as I want the extra RSS feeds.