Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a parity check and the parity section on the Dashboards doesn't show the parity check progress - should it?

It should not ... parity progress is on the Main page

Do you have something like Activity Monitor (under Utils) that existed in SimpleFeatures?

Haven't fully converted yet Activity Monitor, will make it available in the future.

Started a parity check and the parity section on the Dashboards doesn't show the parity check progress - should it?

Can you explain the rational? There is no indication on the dashboard that parity is running.

Can you explain the rational? There is no indication on the dashboard that parity is running.

Parity running is displayed in the footer (together with the percentage)

I missed that. I think the dashboard should at least indicate that a parity is currently running.

I missed that. I think the dashboard should at least indicate that a parity is currently running.

Will put my thoughts over that and look for a graceful integration :)

I like it!

Dynamix keeps getting better and better.  ;)

It'd be nice to have the parity rebuild status show up in the "Parity Status" section.

Only other thing I can think of is to have all the Faulty/Overheated/SMART stuff group together (as they're all related to disk health).

The easiest approach would be to just move the "Unassigned" category up the list a bit.

Better yet (IMHO) the fault conditions could all be represented in one line and replaced with icons (with a tooltip explaining what each icon means, much like what happens with the disk status circles/icons in the Main view).

I've taken the liberty to edit the Dashboard to help visualize my two suggestions (the attached fault icons are from Google images).

dashboard_a.jpg.414def927e220ba39ffb9b7229922599.jpg

dashboard_b.jpg.37b9d2bf6199ba76d99f999707df7005.jpg

.JPG.d588fb84021a3c1fe03f33dbf612c5e3.JPG

smallbox-overheating-icon-red.png.ffb97ef02c2f9d3b6c4f53cb9c21e6dc.png

Only option under included disk is "All".  Checking off to exclude all disk doesn't fix it either.  No matter what it creates the share on disk1.

Kryspy

Silly question, but are you sure you have a cache drive enabled in unRAID?

Did you have a share with that name on there before?  If so be sure to remove the share completely.

I totally have a cache drive. Using it for apps as we speak. No matter, once I finish moving files to my server I think I may jump to unRaid 6 anyways and setup my shares before making any modification on webui and whatnot.

Never happened in the past so I may chalk it up as a glitch.

Kryspy

I totally have a cache drive. Using it for apps as we speak. No matter, once I finish moving files to my server I think I may jump to unRaid 6 anyways and setup my shares before making any modification on webui and whatnot.

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

I switched to V6 and I'm totally happy with it.  Rock solid for me.  I even jumped on the VM bandwagon.  Ironicbadger has put together some awesome preconfigured VMs that make it very easy to implement for all your add-ons.

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

I switched to V6 and I'm totally happy with it.  Rock solid for me.  I even jumped on the VM bandwagon.  Ironicbadger has put together some awesome preconfigured VMs that make it very easy to implement for all your add-ons.

How difficult was it to switch? How does it effect the current shares and files? Any way to carry any current config over or recreate everything? Just trying to figure out how long it will take me. I have about 6tb of data now. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

How difficult was it to switch? How does it effect the current shares and files? Any way to carry any current config over or recreate everything? Just trying to figure out how long it will take me. I have about 6tb of data now. Thanks!

Just like upgrading 5.0 versions.  Leave your /config directory alone on the flash and everything will stay as it is.  Dynamix is a sf replacement and a lot of other plugins are being converted.  Be sure to remove all packages as they are not compatible and get the 64 bit plug in replacements.  All shares, passwords, network, files, will not change.  If you are coming from a 4.x version, the process is more involved.

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

Just like upgrading 5.0 versions.  Leave your /config directory alone on the flash and everything will stay as it is.  Dynamix is a sf replacement and a lot of other plugins are being converted.  Be sure to remove all packages as they are not compatible and get the 64 bit plug in replacements.  All shares, passwords, network, files, will not change.  If you are coming from a 4.x version, the process is more involved.

Sweet. I'm on the latest version 5. What about couch potato and Sab and Sickbeard? Are they all best to run as VMs now? Can the configuration be copied over?

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

Sweet. I'm on the latest version 5. What about couch potato and Sab and Sickbeard? Are they all best to run as VMs now? Can the configuration be copied over?

Can't answer that. I don't use them.  I would bet that with a little searching on the forum you'd find someone who has installed them in a VM.  Ironicbadger has created some preconfigured Os images for a VM.

Kryspy

Does sound rather odd.

Can't answer that. I don't use them.  I would bet that with a little searching on the forum you'd find someone who has installed them in a VM.  Ironic badger has created some preconfigured Os images for a VM.

Thanks. Doing that now

• Squid locked this topic