unRAID Server Release 5.0.5-i386 Available

limetech

I'm still stuck on 5.04 because 5.05 has time zone issues with Brisbane.  Heading back towards daylight savings (but we don't change).  I know V6 is the new kid on the block, but V5 is the only stable release!  Surely there would have been a fix by now!!!  It's a bit disappointing.

Can't you select UTC+10? The geographical name on the selection doesn't matter.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still stuck on 5.04 because 5.05 has time zone issues with Brisbane.  Heading back towards daylight savings (but we don't change).  I know V6 is the new kid on the block, but V5 is the only stable release!  Surely there would have been a fix by now!!!  It's a bit disappointing.

Booted a 5.0.5 server and setting timezone to 'Brisbane' does make the server clock agree with what google says is the current time in Brisbane.  If google says it's right it must be right, right?

Booted a 5.0.5 server and setting time zone to 'Brisbane' does make the server clock agree with what google says is the current time in Brisbane.  If google says it's right it must be right, right?

Well it would mate, daylight savings hasn't kicked in yet (we are upside down remember).  When 5.0.5 was released in January 22, 2014 we were in summer daylight savings time here in Australia but we don't have daylight savings in Queensland, it only effects the southern states mostly.  I stayed on 5.0.4 until a maintenance release could be issued, but never did.  Just saying!  :P

There is no option on the Tower > settings > Date & Time to just select +10 no day light savings.  The issue is that when 5.0.5 was released the day light savings was incorrectly set to on for Brisbane according to the readme.txt in that release.

Minor issue maybe, but it's an issue, and maybe I'm the only one in Queensland using unraid 5, who know. lol.

Is there a 5.0 version with patched bash?  It looks like the only recent updates are to the unraid 6 products...which are all Beta products.  Given the significant changes from 5.0 to 6.0, and the fact that 6.0 is still beta, I don't want to go there yet.

Nevermind.  Figured out how to patch from a trusted source...

cd /boot/extra
wget ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-13.1/patches/packages/bash-4.1.014-i486-1_slack13.1.txz
installpkg bash-4.1.014-i486-1_slack13.1.txz

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a 5.0 version with patched bash?  It looks like the only recent updates are to the unraid 6 products...which are all Beta products.  Given the significant changes from 5.0 to 6.0, and the fact that 6.0 is still beta, I don't want to go there yet.

Nevermind.  Figured out how to patch from a trusted source...

cd /boot/extra
wget ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-13.1/patches/packages/bash-4.1.014-i486-1_slack13.1.txz
installpkg bash-4.1.014-i486-1_slack13.1.txz

Worked like a charm, thanks !

There is no option on the Tower > settings > Date & Time to just select +10 no day light savings.  The issue is that when 5.0.5 was released the day light savings was incorrectly set to on for Brisbane according to the readme.txt in that release.

Minor issue maybe, but it's an issue, and maybe I'm the only one in Queensland using unraid 5, who know. lol.

There are selections for +9, +10, and +11. Select any one which results in the correct local time on the server. DST changes will need to handled manually until Lime fixes the issue.