Cant delete folder because open in another program...

I know this isnt an unRAID issue but at work I am trying to delete some folders of our customers back ups (from unRAID server). We hold on to them for aprox 3 months and go through and clear out the folders to make room for new folders. Generally not a problem. However when I try to do this now i get an error stating that the folder or file is in use by another program. Im not finding a lot on line...Perhaps im not putting in the correct words or phrasing. I have turned off Windows Search on all computers on the same workgroup but that didnt exactly do anything except change the logo on the file in use message. any ideas? Thanks!

Everywhere.jpg

Indexed.jpg

Heres the images of the message...

Its probably one of the background files that windows uses still open. If your worried about command lines then reboot the PC and try again and if not then reboot the server. Its a pain but I used to have issues like that all the time with windows, hence why I have no windows systems anymore.

Ok so rebooting the server only worked on one folder now its back to saying its in use, even after several reboots...I tried lock hunter and it says no processes found locking the folder. so if I could get the name of MC? Since I am not good with command prompt

Use MC if you're nervous about command lines like I am

Thanks again!

Ok so rebooting the server only worked on one folder now its back to saying its in use, even after several reboots...I tried lock hunter and it says no processes found locking the folder. so if I could get the name of MC? Since I am not good with command prompt

Use MC if you're nervous about command lines like I am

Thanks again!

Its Midnight Commander.  It is already a part of unraid, so just telnet/putty/ssh into your unraid and then type
mc

and you will then be able to find the file you want to delete.

Archived