unRAID-Web - complete web server w/ php for unRAID

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've installed it before and it's worked. Yesterday I did an unmenu update, and tonight AjaxExplorer doesn't seem to like me.

Might well be a coincidence though :)

The pasword being requested... is it the AjaxExplorer prompt?  (does it say AjaxExplorer in the login dialog box?)

Or, is is a web-password with a 404 error if you give the wrong one?  If the latter, it has nothing to do with AjaxExplorer.

It's definitely the AjaXplorer login, and I've made sure I don't have caps lock on.

Maybe my install corrupted or something?

Interestingly sometimes AjaXplorer doesn't fully load either. The progress bar goes most of the way across and then it gets stuck at 'List Loaded'

It's definitely the AjaXplorer login, and I've made sure I don't have caps lock on.

Maybe my install corrupted or something?

Interestingly sometimes AjaXplorer doesn't fully load either. The progress bar goes most of the way across and then it gets stuck at 'List Loaded'

The download via unmenu_install is verified via md5 checksum.  The individual package files downloaded from various sites are also checked against an md5 checksum.  Not too much room for corruption there.

The package installation commands are:

# since we need to fix things in three files, un-gzip/tar the files, edit them, then re-tar/gzip.

mkdir -p /tmp/unmenuTMP

( cd /tmp/unmenuTMP ; gzip -dc | tar-1.13 xf - ) <unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

# edit the index.php file to deal with not having current directoy in PATH

sed -i "s~cmd .= ' \" . \$a->add_on . \"~cmd .= ' .\/\" . \$a->add_on . \"~" /tmp/unmenuTMP/boot/custom/lighttpd/extensions/unmenu/index.php

sed -i "s~/boot/unmenu_final~$SCRIPT_DIRECTORY~" /tmp/unmenuTMP/boot/custom/lighttpd/extensions/unmenu/extension.conf

sed -i "s~boot\/config~boot\/custom~" /tmp/unmenuTMP/boot/custom/lighttpd/setup/index.php

( cd /tmp/unmenuTMP ; tar-1.13 cf - * | gzip ) >unraidweb-fixed-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

rm -rf /tmp/unmenuTMP

installpkg unraidweb-fixed-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

You can try several things... you can try simply installing the unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz file instead of the patched/fixed unraidweb-fixed-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

You would just type:

cd /boot/packages

installpkg unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

The three bugs would not be fixed, but none of them involved AjaxExplorer.

Or, when you recently used the unmenu_install program to put the newer unmenu files into place, the older

unraid-web-unmenu-package.conf

file was saved in a sub-directory under /boot/packages.  You can move/copy it to

/boot/packages/unraid-web-unmenu-package.conf

and then

type

echo "#AUTO_UPDATE = NO" >>/boot/packages/unraid-web-unmenu-package.conf

rm /var/log/unRAID-web-version

rm unraidweb-0.1.04-i386-bubba.tgz

The first line will prevent the .conf file from being replaced by the newer version when you next check for updates. 

The next two will all you to download install again.

Joe L.

Tried the reinstall of version without bugfixes. That made no difference.

Or, when you recently used the unmenu_install program to put the newer unmenu files into place, the older

file was saved in a sub-directory under /boot/packages.   You can move/copy it to

and I don't seem to have a version of that config file in a subdirectory in /boot/packages/......

Tried the reinstall of version without bugfixes. That made no difference.

file was saved in a sub-directory under /boot/packages.   You can move/copy it to

and I don't seem to have a version of that config file in a subdirectory in /boot/packages/......

The older .conf files are still available for download from google.code as a zip file.

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-unmenu/downloads/detail?name=unMENU-packagesSept-2009.zip&can=1&q=

Joe L.

Looks like I've fixed it - I deleted the whole ajax_explorer directory from the lighthttp extensions dir and reinstalled....

Odd.

Unfortunately AjaXplorer doesn't seem to like large mkv files - it refuses to copy them etc. So the reason I was going to use it (copying completely downloads into my RAID array from a non-array disk) seems to be moot :(

Looks like I've fixed it - I deleted the whole ajax_explorer directory from the lighthttp extensions dir and reinstalled....

Odd.

Unfortunately AjaXplorer doesn't seem to like large mkv files - it refuses to copy them etc. So the reason I was going to use it (copying completely downloads into my RAID array from a non-array disk) seems to be moot :(

It still is limited by the amount of memory on the server.  If you are reading in a 10Gig file and only have 2Gig of  ram, it just will not fit.

Joe L.

Why should the server memory affect moving/copying? I thought it just read the directory structure and then executed cp/mv commands in the background?

Easy... especially when sending to the server... It has to read it into memory first, even if it incrementally writes to a temp file, that file is in memory.

Sorry I'm probably being stupid, but I'm still confused  :)

If I'm on the server I can move or copy any of the files on it, regardless of size..... why is AjaXplorer any different? It runs on the server the files are on so isn't it just invoking the shell commands in the background?

• 1 month later...

Stupid question, but I cant figure it out. I set this up and it works great. If I type in the address 192.168.1.150:89 I hit the unmenu great. If I use :85, I get the webserver, no problem. However, if I cant figure out how to port forward to hit the webserver on :85, I see the unraid menu from the outside world.

Any suggestions? I am going through the 17 pages here again and the 63 pages on the bubbaraid, but its taking a while and Im not sure Im in the right spot to figure it out...

Thanks!

unRAID has nothing to do with port-forwarding. 

That would be a function of your router/firewall regardless of the ports involved.

Unless you are a security expert (and you probably are not since you are asking about port forwarding) you probably should not port forward an unRAID server externally.  It is not secure as delivered and you'll only be inviting the bad-guys to visit your internal LAN.  Unfortunately, for any given LAN there is only one way to configure it properly, and thousands of way to configure it wrong.

unRAID has nothing to do with port-forwarding.   

That would be a function of your router/firewall regardless of the ports involved.

Unless you are a security expert (and you probably are not since you are asking about port forwarding) you probably should not port forward an unRAID server externally.  It is not secure as delivered and you'll only be inviting the bad-guys to visit your internal LAN.   Unfortunately, for any given LAN there is only one way to configure it properly, and thousands of way to configure it wrong.

Is the webserver function of this add on only for unraids internal use? The whole webserver wizard built in is not for a website?

Im confused...

I'm sure you can use it for an external site, but as delivered there is absolutely no security, so internal use only is suggested.  Your questions are not unRAID specific, they are lighttpd specific.  It is the web-server.  It needs to be locked down ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE on the unRAID server.  Otherwise, you are locking the front-door and leaving all the other doors and windows open.   

Port forwarding and firewall rules are part of the router you use to connect to the outside world.  They have nothing to do with unRAID.  It is as easy/hard to forward port 85, as it is to forward port 80 (the normal port for a web-server)

Joe L.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...