Settings > "number scaling" question

craigr

Does the new "number scaling" feature in the unRAID 6 setup menu apply the setting universally across all parts of unRAID.  In other words, if I set "number scaling" to GB, does that mean that I can put 50 in the "Share Settings > Min. free space" for user shares, and "Cache Settings > Min. free space" on the cache drive, and have it be 50 GB?  Will this work?

Thanks,

craigr

Does the new "number scaling" feature in the unRAID 6 setup menu apply the setting universally across all parts of unRAID.  In other words, if I set "number scaling" to GB, does that mean that I can put 50 in the "Share Settings > Min. free space" for user shares, and "Cache Settings > Min. free space" on the cache drive, and have it be 50 GB?  Will this work?

Thanks,

craigr

No but that's a pretty good idea...

Thanks for that bonienl.  That's actually what I did with unRAID 5.xx and it worked.  It doesn't seem to be behaving correctly in unRAID 6.08.

This is what happens.  If I go to my share folder and put 50GB in "Min. free space" then hit "Apply" it seems fine and takes the value.  However, if I go to the "SMB Security Settings" in the same share and then hit "Apply" in the security settings, the 50GB in "Min. free space" disappears and is replaced with "(NULL)."  I think this must be a bug in unRAID 6.08.  I don't know if the 50GB value is working or not when the field is populated.

craigr

Archived