[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

I don't use timeshift myself, but as far as I know it works. Shouldn't matter which source you have.

Which version of kodi do you run and on which device?

Are you running the unstable or the stable v4 container?

Regarding adding muxes it's a one time job, as long as you have a backup of your settings.

If you copied the file from your scan to the folder in the guide, it might be that tvheadend didn't pick it up because it didn't have the rights to open the file. You could try to change the owner:group to nobody:users and restart tvheadend. Tvheadend is running as the nobody users.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, TLDR: Is rewinding and fast forwarding (from a pause buffer) with a HDHomerun Prime tuner supported?  If yes, does it work with Kodi?

I'm about to configure timehift here and looked at the settings. Did you by any chance activate the On-Demand setting? It's sounds like you did, and here is the info from the built in help of tvheadend:

On-Demand : Turn this on to start timeshift buffer on pause. In this mode you cannot rewind the buffer (it always begins on the currently playing frame). Without this option there will be a permanent, circular, buffer up to the limits defined below.

It worked here to rewind using the latest kodi stable on windows 8.1. So it must be something specific to you setup.

Which version of tvheadend have you tried?

Which playback device are you using, Kodi version and tvheadend plugin?

It did create any files for timeshift here either, but I think it's using available memory first, then starts writing to disk.

Of another note, I don't have EPG for TvHeadend setup yet.  I wouldn't expect that to be correlated but found a post saying that was all that changed in his setup when he got it working.  Basically, does anyone have timeshifting working with TVheadend and HDhomerun? If so, I'll keep plugging away at it.

I just confirmed that you need to set up your EPG before you can use timeshift :) Why it is like that I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an HDHomerun Prime Cable Card with Comcast.  I have installed the 4.0.5 Stable version of this Docker and created a custom mux file.  76 muxes are added, 536 services created.  EPG is setup with Webgrabplus and Schedules Direct.  I am trying to map services to channels.  I receive the following "No access" error repeatedly in the debug log:

service_mapper: checking Comcast/243MHz/{PMT:56}

service_mapper: waiting for input

mpegts: 243MHz in Comcast - tuning on HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #0 (192.168.1.133)

tvhdhomerun: tuning to auto:243000000

subscription: 00E8: "service_mapper" subscribing to service "Comcast/243MHz/{PMT:52}", weight: 7, adapter: "HDHomeRun ATSC Tuner #2 (192.168.1.133)", network: "Comcast", mux: "243MHz", client="service_mapper"

subscription: 00E8: service instance is bad, reason: No access

subscription: 00E8: No input source available for subscription "service_mapper" to service "Comcast/243MHz/{PMT:52}" in mux "243MHz in Comcast"

subscription: 00E8: "service_mapper" unsubscribing, client="service_mapper"

service_mapper: Comcast/243MHz/{PMT:52}: failed [err No access]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

I do not know the HDHomerun, so I'm not sure what is going on here, but does this happen to all channels you try to map? No channels appear in the channel list?

Does the same thing happen with the unstable version of tvheadend?

Can you access the HDHomerun from VLC or other players?

Same results in both Unstable and Stable.  No channels mapped.  Hdhomerun prime with cable card works fine with Mythtv docker and Kodi client.  I read somewhere along the way about a special patched version of dvbhdhomerun for accessing copy free encrypted channels.  Is that already included in this docker or do I need to swap that out?

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am trying to get Schedules Direct with the WebgrabPlusplus docker working in the TVH 4.0 docker. I have read all 25 pages of this thread and see a couple people have had success with this on pages 14-17 but have a few questions.

I have a Schedules direct account and made my lineup (only 6 channels or so). I have edit the schedulesdirect.ini file to uncomment the line and enter my username and password.

I am trying to get the channels.xml file to create properly but so far it is only creating the file with the dummy channel that is in the Webgrabconfig file. I have everything mapped properly with the containers going to the same /data location. Webgrabplus does create the file though.

From Webgrabplus ini file

<channels>
    <channel update="i" site="schedulesdirect.org" site_id="" xmltv_id="dummy">dummy</channel>
  </channels>

the schedules direct ini file at the bottom

**      #####  CHANNEL FILE CREATION (only to create the xxx-channel.xml file)
** @auto_xml_channel_start
index_site_id.scrub  {regex||(<station .*?</station>)||}
scope.range {(channellist)|end}
index_site_channel.modify {substring(type=regex)|'index_site_id' "<name>(.*?)</name>"}
index_site_id.modify {substring(type=regex)|'index_site_id' "<station id=\'([0-9]*)\'>"}
index_site_id.modify {cleanup(removeduplicates=equal,100 link="index_site_channel")}
end_scope
** @auto_xml_channel_end

Log file from Webgrabplus docker after it is started

WebGrab+Plus/w MDB & REX Postprocess -- version 1.54.6/0.01

Jan van Straaten
Francis de Paemeleere

many thanks to Paul Weterings and all the contributing users
------------------------------------------------------------

file /data/guide.xml not found, creating a new one .. 

update requested for - 1 - out of - 1 - channels for 1 day(s)
update mode - set per individual channel

i=index .=same c=change g=gab r=replace n=new 

dummy updating, using site SCHEDULESDIRECT.ORG, mode full
i

job finished .. done in 0 seconds

The created guide.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<tv generator-info-name="WebGrab+Plus/w MDB & REX Postprocess -- version 1.54.6/0.01 -- Jan van Straaten" generator-info-url="http://www.webgrabplus.com">
  <channel id="dummy">
    <display-name lang="en">dummy</display-name>
    <url>http://www.schedulesdirect.org</url>
  </channel>
</tv>

Sorry for the lengthy post but I have created an xml file manually with mc2xml app and placed it in the data folder as well. How does the TVH 4.0 EPG grabber pick this up? I only see an option for xmltv as shown below but notice it gives a bind error at the bottom when trying to hit save.

I see on the schedules direct site where the xmltv id is available for my lineup, it looks like I could almost create the channels.xml manually with that but not sure what to use for siteid assume that would be a url to specific channel.

Did you guys crack open the docker image and manually add the tvgrab script? If so any help is appreciated on that part. The detail provided here should be enough to see where I am in this process.

0weZRW4.png

Did you remove the asteric in front of the credentials line?

For tvheadend to pick up the XML file in /data you have to enable the internal grabber. Don't remember the name now, but there is only two choices I think.

Thank you for the prompt response.  Yes I have uncommented the line, there was a line above that I was not sure if it needed to be uncomment as well, I tried both ways and did not have success.

*url_index.headers {host=dd.schedulesdirect.org}

url_index.headers {credentials=mysdusername,mypass}

I did not see an internal EPG grabber that would work. I am in the US and only see OpenTV, VIASAT, UK Freeview/Freesat, and EIT: DVB Grabber. None of these options looked like it would work for SchedulesDirect in the US.

Edit: sorry, I found it, I was not selecting the module drop down. I will try this out.

Problem solved on the channels.xml creation. I was the dummy.  ;D

I did not notice but it was creating the file in the webgrabplus root and I had only kept checking the data folder as it created one there too but it only had the dummy channel and not my actual channels. whew.

Edit: Getting EPG data went smoothly, it generated the guide.xml file with my channels. I selected the tv_grab_wg module in the configuration.

I was able to map the EPG Source to the proper channel that is now showing up as an option.

The EPG showed up after restarting TVH. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

Is everyone else pegging their CPU's at 100% every time WG++ goes to work?  I'm using schedules direct and during the (very long) grabbing period, the CPU is at 100% the entire time.  mdb post processing is off, and I'm grabbing 16 channels.  I used to do this with mc2xml with 32-bit unraid, and the entire grab only took a few minutes without adding hardly any CPU load.  Thoughts?

Is everyone else pegging their CPU's at 100% every time WG++ goes to work?  I'm using schedules direct and during the (very long) grabbing period, the CPU is at 100% the entire time.  mdb post processing is off, and I'm grabbing 16 channels.  I used to do this with mc2xml with 32-bit unraid, and the entire grab only took a few minutes without adding hardly any CPU load.  Thoughts?

I just checked and CPU went from ~15% to ~35% on i5 4590.

WG++ is very resource hungry and the grabbing for schedules direct is poorly written in my opinion.

WG++ is very resource hungry and the grabbing for schedules direct is poorly written in my opinion.

Thanks for the quick response, saarg!  I'm running an old Sempron 145 (2.8GHz) so I guess that is to be expected, then.  I have to agree with your comment about it being poorly written, based on my experience with the same hardware and mc2xml.  Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response, saarg!  I'm running an old Sempron 145 (2.8GHz) so I guess that is to be expected, then.  I have to agree with your comment about it being poorly written, based on my experience with the same hardware and mc2xml.  Thanks again!

FYI for US Schedules Direct users:

I set up an ubuntu 14.04 docker with XMLTV and it works as it should.  I can now grab 14 days of data for 16 channels in about 25 seconds (6MB file).  My old CPU still spikes to 100%, but only for 20 seconds instead of 10 hours.

I thought this might be of interest to those that are in a similar boat.  I'll put together an unraid template for it as an alternative for those in the same boat.  WG++ seems awesome, but just not for Schedules Direct users.